Exhaust manifold Gasket

P

pulsar_scott

Anyone know the part number for the exhaust gasket? I got an ADL Blueprint one 8 months ago and its already blown :?

car still drives well but has a really embarrassing ticking noise which just wont do at all :p

Regards.

Scott.

ashills

if u want an indestructable get a s14a multi layer gasket
there about 50 quid but will never need another

Dooie Pop Pop

mjp eastern auto (google it) do them for about £35-£40 i got one a while ago and posted a pic somewhere. it has 4 layers and tbh looks indestructible.

if its blowing real quick though id be incline to look at how your doing up your manifold rather than fault the gasket. you cant just crank up each nut 100% in one go you have to tighten each nut progressivly working on opposites like you would a tightening down a head;-) iv reused my lead one about 4 times now and iv been running 400bhp @ 1.45 bar for over 10 months and its not blown yet:-D i have a nissan original not a copy. how much boost are you running?

we' ll see how long it lasts at 1.85bar:twisted::shock: :lol:

Last edited:
D

deslynam

Standard Nissan one is something like: ni1403653j00.
The packet for mine's in the back of my car if you want me to check tonight.

P

pulsar_scott

That would be ace deslynam,cheers.

im running 0.9 bar so nothing excessive, i had another look today tho and the bloody nut (far right cylinder 4) is missing !!??!!

Where the hell am I going to get another one of those? this is the second time its come loose and ive always torqued them down to the correct setting in the correct sequence. The first time it happened it was just loose bt this time its completely missing.

HELP.

J

justin666

Part number for gasket is 14036 53J00 @ £16.15 :-D

J.

P

pulsar_scott

Thanks justin. I appreciate the effort.Dont suppose you know ifnissan stock manifoldbolts do you?

Regards.

Scott.

Tony-turbo

They are a stock part from my nissan (cover needs to be ordered):

Manifold gasket 1403653500 - 15.90
8 x stud 0826703010 - 5.01ea
8 x yoke 1403742102 - 1.92ea
8 x nut 089128401A - 0.96ea
Manifold cover 1659054100 - 64.79

J

justin666

Dooie Pop Pop said:
:roll: ring Mike at mjp for ffs he' ll post em too your door:roll:
Nissan post to my door anyway ;-) ;-) apparently im a valued customer :shock: Probably has more to do with how much ruddy cash I spend with them!!!! :lol: :lol:

J.

P

pulsar_scott

multi layer gasket found and on its way :D lets hope this cures the problem.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas and information. All was really good.

Thanks guys,

Scott.

D

deslynam

Did you order a standard Nissan one in the end? Sorry I didn't check the part no. but just reading above and am pleased that someone else posted the number for the same one that I bought! :D

J

jpward

Can anyone get one of these gaskets

14036-75F00 milti layer

:?

Dooie Pop Pop

if thats the 200sx multi layer then Mike at mjp eastern autos got me mine:thumbsup:

its sitting in a box next to me atm:lol:

yep confirmed, just checked the numbers:tongue:

J

jpward

Dooie Pop Pop said:
if thats the 200sx multi layer then Mike at mjp eastern autos got me mine:thumbsup:

its sitting in a box next to me atm:lol:

yep confirmed, just checked the numbers:tongue:
Numbers for him? ;-)

J

jpward

Dooie Pop Pop said:
google 'mjp eastern auto' my mobs in the gf' s handbag and im not digging it out of there!
Cheers mate i rang me local Nissan guys and ordered in with 10% off as usuall looking round 38 quid sorted :twisted: Well ive to fit it yet :sad: