equal length manifold vs log manifold

A

AJ4

I always thought an equal length manifold would give a higher peak power but over a narrower range, like in a circuit car. Unequal lengths tune the torque curve for each cylinder to different rpms, which flattens the torque curve out ( making the car accelerate faster but have a lower bhp )

Thats for NA engines anyway, not sure how the whole turbo thing affects it :?:

kyepan

quality info, are their any specific GTI-r equal length manifolds? i know there are the 200sx ones..

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
RESULTS: SWAPPING MANIFOLD = ~68.3 whp peak gain before tuning, ~48 whp after tuning, ~49.7 ft/lb before tuning, ~44 ft/lb after tuning
So they lost 20whp by tuning it????? I wonder if the car was fully warmed up before the first run as you're not supposed to loose power by tuning something. Even so, 48whp is a good result :D

Nad

Fast Guy said:
RESULTS: SWAPPING MANIFOLD = ~68.3 whp peak gain before tuning, ~48 whp after tuning, ~49.7 ft/lb before tuning, ~44 ft/lb after tuning
So they lost 20whp by tuning it????? I wonder if the car was fully warmed up before the first run as you're not supposed to loose power by tuning something. Even so, 48whp is a good result :D
But that depends on where the power is produced. If it is lower down then that would produce a lower top power but offer better response.

Nad

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If they made power lower down, they should have made more torque not lost that as well.