Electric mirrors

Garef

My R does not have electric mirrors, when I say that I mean ones that fold in when the engine is off, my mate is breaking his R which does have them and I was wondering how difficult a job it would be to change them over and what parts I would need, thanks.

A

ard1ey

Never tried it on the 'R, but from messing with other cars it all depends whether your unmirrored car has the wiring already in place - you won't know until you take bits off and look. If you've got the necessary plugs then it should be pretty easy, but if they aren't there I reckon it'd be more hassle than it's worth.

If the wiring is there, you should only need the two mirrors and the control switch from the dash.

Hope that helps a bit,

Ian

Garef

Well my car is an H reg and they don't fold in, I mean they are electric they just don't fold in when the engine is off like my mates, although he has a button for it i'm sure which mines doesn't.
Thanks for the info Ard1ey i'll have a look when I get home, cheers.

Garef

So if u can get these on an H plate was this just an optional extra or what? Was the original owner of my car a cheap bastard?

M

m34ts_pulsar

mine fold in, mines on a L plate.. i just thought it was a standed thing?!

davey red.r

you can get a g reg pulsar ive had a grey one 4 year ago g was 89 to 90 was the late model i have a h plate that mirrows fold in when engine is off thankerjen davey;-)

davey red.r

appologies for that it was the early model must add that obviously the old registration system was 1st august until 1st august 89 to 90 so there was not many g plates though but i have seen 4 that i know of including my old one cheers davey;-)

davey red.r

pulsarmark informs me that his pulsar is on a g plate so there you have it they do exist .you learn something new every day:lol: ;-)

CruiseGTi-R

your gtir is actually a 1.1L 'super deluxe' model (without folding mirrors).

i honestly thought it was standard.

anyway, even if not, its definitely possible to retro fit them.

you'll be the first to do it on here so please give us a nice how to for others to use.

parts shouldn't be that expensive either.

don't try to get flash by wiring it into the alarm fob - mine now only works some of the time.

gunmetalgtir

davey red.r said:
pulsarmark informs me that his pulsar is on a g plate so there you have it they do exist .you learn something new every day:lol: ;-)
Private reg maybe? I thought pulsars were in production from 1991 to 1994?

W

westy_y2k3

mine dont fold in wen engine off but a have button near mirror control that does fold them in mine is a k plate 1993.