EGT fitting on my new top mount manifold

K

krikra

Got my manifold the other day. Looks good :shock:

Problem is the EGT fitting welded to runner #1 is another thread than my Greddy EGT. And the manifold didnt come with the compression fitting to hold down the probe..

So now Im after a compression fitting with this particular thread??

The fitting on the mani is 0,43" (10,85mm)
The fitting in my hand is 0,38" (9,66mm) and much closer/smaller threads

The guy I bought it from told me he used autometer EGT gauge. Been looking at theese and dont think they use this thread..

HELP :(
Can anyone recognize this thread - or point me in the direction where I can find what I need..

Would be sad to weld in another bung now that the old one is nicely coated...

K

krikra

The thread on the mani is ~0,43" (10,85mm).

If that helps :?:

MarkTurbo

Its probably an NPT or BSP thread as thats the most common threads for gauge fittings :wink:

Whats the external diameter of the thread on that fitting in your hand :?:

K

krikra

The fitting in my hand is ~0.38" (9,66mm) So its a little smaller and also threads are much closer..

The thread that goes into the manifold (black from exhaust) is 1/8NPT. Know for sure cause I drilled and tapped my old mani myself.

K

krikra

Thanks for your quick replies guys..

Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing. Its the thread on the fitting currently welded to the mani Im after..

Is that 1/8 BSP? Or are you referring to the Greddy fitting in my hand??

MarkTurbo

krikra said:
Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing. Its the thread on the fitting currently welded to the mani Im after..
Oooop's :oops: :oops: Measure the external diameter of that one then, and the pitch of the thread if possible :wink:

K

krikra

the thread on the fitting welded to the mani is 0,43" (10,85mm)

have no clue how to meassure the pitch?? take it you need a special tool?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
krikra said:
have no clue how to meassure the pitch?? take it you need a special tool?
Just measure as many of them together that you can and devide the distance by the number of threads.

K

krikra

OK just measured

5 threads ~= 6mm so thats 1,2mm
5 threads ~= 0,236" so thats 0,0472"

It must be some standard when talking EGT probes and compression fittings... Have no clue where to find the fitting I need