EDFC, where to mount the control box?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Where have you guys mounted yours, the guys that have it installed on their car? Pix appreciated if available. :)

Well, it's sort of a problem. I don't want to slap my control box (1/4 din size) on top of the dash in full view, so where can I mount it? I thought about in one of the central vents, but that would need abit of trimming.
Only other place that comes to mind is on the lower part of the dash in front of my left knee. I can still see it if it's there. There doesn't seem many places it will fit within in reach and view of me driving.

ShayneG

I have mounted mine where the ash tray is. I totally removed the tray and metal bracket and then mouted it in the gap with double sided tape. Fits a treat and looks pretty good :D

It's not that visible but once u have ur 3 programs set up u don't need to touch it much.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I did think of that, but thought I'd end up crashing trying to see it to set it up :?

JU5TY

Ive fitted mine in the glove box with my Defi commander.

Not really got any room on my dashboard (Apexi AVC-R, S-AFC & Power FC Commander).

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The wife suggested that but I thought I wouldn't be able to reach it to play with it. At least not safely :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Not after the first few days of playing about setting up and swerving to avoid cars :oops: at least. :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've just had a look at putting this in and thought, I'll do it tomorrow :oops: .

The easiest way I can see to send the wire to the front is out the grommet for the doors' wiring and in through a hole in the inner wheel arch assuming said hole is accessable if I take the wheel arch liner and wheel off. Is that what anyone else did or did you route it another way?

I can't find any grommets that are accessable from both sides of the bulk head, they either have engine stuff or heater stuff in the way :x

MarkTurbo

Fast Guy said:
I can't find any grommets that are accessable from both sides of the bulk head, they either have engine stuff or heater stuff in the way :x
Have you tried the one just to the right and slightly up of where the fuel filter sits?

Thats where i ran the pipe for my boost gauge through :wink: It helps if you're a skinny little fooker like me though else you cant get your arm up behind the dash :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Yep, it's a big grommet with a couple of small wires in it. When I look on the otherside I have all sorts of heater/air con? gubbins and boxes in the way and no sign of said grommet :?

ShayneG

Fast Guy said:
I've just had a look at putting this in and thought, I'll do it tomorrow :oops: .

The easiest way I can see to send the wire to the front is out the grommet for the doors' wiring and in through a hole in the inner wheel arch assuming said hole is accessable if I take the wheel arch liner and wheel off. Is that what anyone else did or did you route it another way?
I did it this exact way :D as I couldn't locate a grommet either :roll:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Well, it's fitted and I've shoved it in the glove box for now, with enough slack to reach me so I can play with it :wink:

I think Tein need to shorten some wires tho, I've got about 3feet spare :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Electronic damping force control or somehing like that. It's a little 1/4 din size box that attatches to a motor on top of each Tein super street damper and let's you adjust the damping force of the coilovers from the drivers seat :) , while on the move :D .
And it goes whirr, beep whirr or something like that. :lol:

ShayneG

Electronic Dampening Force Control for the tein super streets :D
My R was the first in the UK o have this supplied and fitted with :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What have you set yours too?
I haven't done anything other than go fully hard, fully soft, fully hard, fully soft in true Homer Simpson style :p