E85 "Octane Booster"

MarkTurbo

it does got to show you that E85 might have unforeseen effects even in a car that has been built to run it.
I haven't had any problems with my car since I switched back to petrol after they stopped selling E85 at the pumps last year.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Did you just start running the E85 with little other modification, or had you put PTFE lined hoses, viton seals, etc in?

I wouldn't expect you'd have any problems going back to "neat" petrol. - I was just observing that a car that was built and mapped to race bioethanol had had problems with it destroying parts of the intake system.

On a similar note; I saw something else that said you should register for tax credits if you're going to use alternative oils as fuels (for example used chip oil). If it's a fuel then you're supposed to be paying excise on it, and you can be done for tax evasion; apparntly that's no different to using red diesel in the eyes of the law.

MarkTurbo

Did you just start running the E85 with little other modification, or had you put PTFE lined hoses, viton seals, etc in?

I wouldn't expect you'd have any problems going back to "neat" petrol
Neither would I, any problems would have been down to previously running E85 :lol:

The only modification to the fuel system I did to run it was fit bigger injectors. I've taken off rubber fuel lines since and inspected them and there's no evidence of any damage from running ethanol whatsoever ;-)