det sensor...?

turbodaily

think my det sensor may be playing up..

when you put your foot down at low revs say around 2k it holds back and jerks abit. you can here the turbo spooling and then it picks up and goes once the turbo kicks in but it feels underpowered when its on boost aswell, seems like it revs for ages if you know what i mean.

fault code shows 55 BUT is there a chance the det sensor can be shagged and not showing up on the fault check?

it does feel like the timings retarding. :?

Braveheart

There is a chance that your DET sensor could be on it's way out or the connection to it is not good and it's acting a bit too sensitive but I doubt it.
When mine failed, the ECU would report error code 34.
I could reset the code and it would stay clear of a few days and the car would run ok (not perfect) and it would come back.
Felt like a new car when it was changed!

turbodaily

well i had a det sensor go on my old r and it came up with a fault code. but im thinking its only going to throw up a code if its an open circuit ie knock sensor is completly ****ed.

the way the car drives at the moment is very similar to how my old r performed when the knock sensor went.. probably not as bad, but it feels very flat and you can physicaly feel it holding back on half throttle and at low'ish revs.

mattytappy

i had near enough exactly the same symptoms as you and after chasing boost pipes and re checking the fault code on the car to see if it was the det sensor code...even swapped ecus around disconected this and re conected that.....:roll: turned out to be a faulty maf...sounds like the same as my car would want to boost but started jerking and coughing after about 2000 revs when it started to want to come on boost....does it rev freely without any fault when standing in nuetral? if si then i would try and get hold of a known good maf and try that first;-)

turbodaily

have tried maf already mate... was hoping it'd be that but no joy..

yeah it revs up fine when stationary, the only way i can describe it is its like flooring it in 4th gear from 2k. its just flat and jerky

mattytappy

was the maf you replaced it with a known good one mate....not trying to tell you to suck eggs mate....but after some digging about them the can be very tempramental.....some bellow smoke and run fine others jurk about and dont run very well?

is it a standard maf or a z32 or simalar

turbodaily

right have just noticed there is a fairly big split in the vac pipe that goes to the fuel reg (and i think other things are T'd off this line)

hopefully its that..