dangerously high temp after exhaust gaskets change-sorted

A

Anonymous

as above, had all the exhaust MANIFOLD and turbo gaskets changed, turbo, mainfold all removed along with fans and intercooler piping, all now replaced and boost back to normal, great :D but noticed the temp is over the H and off the scales :shock: also the gague on the left i think is past the half way mark, drained and replaced coolent tank with water and new ati frezze.
HELP WHATS UP, WILL NOT DRIVE THE CAR WITH A OFF THE SCALES HIGH TEMP, FANS WORKING WELL WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Airlock or coincidence and you sender or water pump has just started playing up? :?

J

Japmonster

Got similar problem with mine, but mine is just a dodgy temp gauge. when i start the car from cold, temp goes to just over 1/4!! Does yours do anything like that?

mattygti-r

i woudlnt drive that anywhere

how can you have a dodgy water temp and a dodgy sender for the oil temp? at the same time? :?:

A

Anonymous

huh ??????

Anyway, does anyone else have any other ideas?, i want to go ace cafe tommorrow but not with a high temp showing, the car runs perfect just the high temp is worrying me, i'll try refilling the rad to see if thats the problem, any more ideas, guys coming on thursday to look at the fault but i want ace cafe tommorrow.

O

Odin

did you fill the system with the bleed bolt undone?, If not you may just
have air in the system :wink: .

rob

A

Anonymous

just lifted the coolant tank out and tipped the water out and filled it back with new water and anti frezee, left the bolt on that connects to the radator pipe with the thin silcone tubing...??? sorry iam lost was i meant to undo this bolt that is attached to the coolant tank?

O

Odin

There's a bleed bolt I believe on top of the stat housing you are supposed to have this undone when fillinf the system :wink: .

rob

A

Anonymous

There's a bleed bolt I believe on top of the stat housing you are supposed to have this undone when fillinf the system .

? is this on the coolant bottle? any pictures where is the stat housing, sorry for this question onslaugt

O

Odin

No you numpty :D the stat housing is next to the dizzy on the right top front of the engine as you look at it from the front :wink: .

rob

geetee

The bleed bolt in question should have a little sticker pointing to it saying Do Not Open When Hot... or something like that.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

u peeps are the best thanks, will give it a go when i get back home from work..... weeeeeheee

A

Anonymous

20legacy said:
u peeps are the best thanks, will give it a go when i get back home from work..... weeeeeheee
if the bolt gives you any problems coming out,seized or rusted,you could always go for an old tried and trusted method.
remove rad cap when the engine is cold.
select full heat on the heater.
start engine and run at a high idle.most will do that anyway :lol:
watch for the bubbles in the radiator.
when the bubbles stop and the level goes down,top up coolant slowly to the required level,then try again.sounds a pain but only takes about 5 mins :D

GTIR1000

when i flushed my coolant system i got in the car and the same happened with mine dangerous temp level of the scale i traced it back to an air lock. is your radiator gettin hot all over that was what i was told to look for by some peeps on here. i started the car up and left the rad cap of loads of coolan spurted out then it settled refilled it and spot on.

A

Anonymous

thanks everyone, did the oap-r method and car is back to normal...
But have just got another problem with the car after having a battle with those new scobby 350models... Will do a search first before i let u all know.

Cheers.... mo boost mo problems