cyl head removal

Mr GTiR

LMAO @ Rob :D

The engine has to come out for the c/head to be removed.

If you try to do it insitu the the plenium and throttle bodies have to come off first (very hard to do), also the turbo and manifold have to come off then there's the chain so that you can remove the cams. Once all this is removed then you can get to the head bolts. By the time you have pissed about doing this it would have been quicker to drop the engine and then do the above.

** Just waiting for someone to prove me wrong.

GINGA

** Just waiting for someone to prove me wrong.
Happy to oblige :p

I've got taking the head off in situ down to about 2 hours now, like Andy says getting the inlet manifold off is the hardest part but once the Y shaped bracket is out of the way (if its still fitted) its really not that bad to do as all the pipes etc underneath it are accessible then :wink:

And NO I don't want to do it :lol:

T

Toady

cheers for the HELPFULL replies, im gonna give it a go with it in situ, dont worry ginga- i wasnt gonna ask u!heh heh! just wanted to know if anyone knew any tricks to make it easier.

cheers! :D

O

Olly

Cams out, chain off, turbo and manifold off, lots of bits off, I left the bodies on and tilted it with the head loose undone the rear water pipes (tricky to get too) and off.

Remember what you saw and where you saw it :lol:

Good luck, its not much fun, would rather fit a clutch single handed.