Custom Piper Cams

Sweeny

Any1 on here using the custom piper cams from DP Motorsport?

Just need to know the difference between these and HKS 264's.

I heard Bruce Spence has these in his R, and ran an 11.02 qtr.

I know the custom piper ones have a 260 profile but are higher lift than the hks.

Cheers.

James.

( moved to tuning.. zia)

M

memski

Any more details on these cams? evo400 keeps banging on about piper cams but the ones I've seen on the piper webby don't look impressive on paper (11.5mm peak lift iirc).

Sweeny

I phoned DP today, and he wouldn't give me the full spec, as i could just go out and get some made. But he did say that they are smaller profile than the 264's but are higher lift, which is better for laggy turbo's like mine. :wink:

Mr GTiR

James, how much are they and do they come with pullies?

i might be interested in a set, got same tubby as you :wink:

skiddusmarkus

I saw Evo400 the other day and he said if I can get hold of a complete head,then Piper will spend some time developing new springs,cams etc for the R.Anyone got one spare?

O

Odin

skiddusmarkus said:
I saw Evo400 the other day and he said if I can get hold of a complete head,then Piper will spend some time developing new springs,cams etc for the R.Anyone got one spare?

yep :wink:

Sweeny

Mr GTiR said:
James, how much are they and do they come with pullies?

i might be interested in a set, got same tubby as you :wink:
They are £400+ VAT, a bit more than hks ones, but are specifically designed for my type of mods. i.e. laggy turbo :wink: .

Dont need pulleys with them, just throw em straight in on standard mark.

skiddusmarkus

vpulsar said:
skiddusmarkus said:

yep :wink:

Rob I know you have but if you lend out any more of your car parts you'll only be left with a windscreen wiper :lol: ,hence me not asking you.
I'm sure they'd do some sort of deal for whoever lent them the head though,I'd expect it myself.