crank shaft pulley

J

jimone

hi guys and girls i am so pissed off its unreal this bloody r right oil leaking from the crank shaft seal on the front cover of the oil pump so i change the seal for a new one tryed that no goog :cry: so i change the the pulley still no good i stuck now. guys when im in traffic oil runs down off the sump onto the exhaust loads of smoke :oops: has anyone on here got any ideas???

oh the guy i got my r off said only use 10 60 castrol rs could this be my problem its to thin

zia

are you certain it's the crank seal? maybe oil pump housing? sump pan? would sujject get the bottom steam cleaned and then check for leak's.

zia

J

jimone

thanks 4 the reply mate thats a good idea i will get it all cleaned down then look to see where the oil leaking but if it is the oil pump cover how hard is it to reseal is it a engine out jobe or can u access it while its still in

thanks again

J

jiw

To remove the oil pump you need to remove the following:

Downpipe
2 sumps (steel and alloy one)
Drive belts
possibly the alternator
Oil pickup pipe
Crank pulley
Undo all of the bolts around the oil pump, remember the two on top that go through the cylinder head.
Now remove the oil pump using the necessary force (not too much as it will crack the casing)

When removing and re fitting be careful that you dont damage the head gasket where it seals around the top of the oil pump, if you do it would be best to cut it away from the side of the block and make a new gasket from the correct thickness of jointing paper.

I might of missed something out here as it is a while since i fitted the new pump

Might be a good idea to replace the water pump whilst your this far too