Crank pulley oil seal

O

Odin

Hi I'v just found my oil leak and it's comeing from the crank pulley :cry: , I think this job can be done with the engine in is that right :?: .

How hard a job is it and has anybody got a how to guide?.

rob

paz

:roll: Fcuking Newbies :roll:

Can we not introduce paid membership to get rid of these t0ssers? :roll: .... oh..... wait.....

Paz

O

Odin

Yes very nice matey but non of these tell me what i wont to know, as i'd already done a search and came up with the same 3 posts :roll: :lol: .

Does the oil pump cover need to come off to replace this seal or is it just a matter of takeing the pulley off and renewing the old seal?.

rob

zia

short how too.......
remove the aircon and alternater belt
undo the big pulley nut 27mm i think
use proper puller or carefully using two screw driver behind the pulley and lever off
the seal should be visible remove and replace. lubricate the inner seal to aid easier fitment.
make sure it flush with housing
and refit the rest in reverse order

zia

O

Odin

Thanks mate your a star :wink: 8) .

Thats what I thought it would be, but it's allways good to take advice from someone thats done the job before :wink: :D .

rob

ex-gtir

also worth checking that the rear edge of pulley is not grooved where the seal runs if it is either get a new one or set seal at different point

O

Odin

ex-gtir said:
also worth checking that the rear edge of pulley is not grooved where the seal runs if it is either get a new one or set seal at different point
Cheers fella, I hope the pulley is ok as it's a newish light weight forge jobby :shock: :oops: .

rob

O

Odin

ex-gtir said:

You where right mate there is a little groove in my new forge pulley :shock: :cry: , I'v fitted a new seal and it doesn't seem to be leaking anymore though 8) :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

Just had to fit a new alternator belt as mine broke :cry: , But I found a nice 850 6pk that fitted perfect :wink: .

rob