cosworth headgasket- any good?

M

mynheers_a_pint

Hi all. I have been looking on the SRB power website for a few new bits and noticed they do a Cosworth HG. I know people say that Cometic heagaskets are dodgy but does anyone know if the Cosworth ones are useless? If it is no good i'll probably go for a Tomei one but i thought i'd ask first...

Link; https://www.srbpower.com/cosworth/nissan-vq-rb-sr.php

Also, having done a quick search, it is says that it might require modification but how hard is the modification?

leemh

my mate has a 450bhp R runs a standad head gasket just to give the engine a weak point so if it wants to go pop it'll be better to do the head gasket than a rebuild....just my 5pence worth

CARLGTIR

I'm sure the water ways in the cosworth gasket would be different to that on a pulsar HG??

Not sure how much you would need to modify it but I very doubt it'll be a straight fit, sorry I dont have a clue how much work is needed

Carl

stumo

I had to enlarge the holes that go around the dowels, you could easily damage the gasket doing it.

Unless there's no alternative ( oversize bores for example) then use it but if not i'd use a Tomei or similar

M

mynheers_a_pint

I had to enlarge the holes that go around the dowels, you could easily damage the gasket doing it.

Unless there's no alternative ( oversize bores for example) then use it but if not i'd use a Tomei or similar
Currently i'm not planning to oversize and if i do it won't be by a huge amount. Cheers for the info.