Common probs with the window washers?

A

Anonymous

My window washers have stopped working, both front and rear. Can here the motors working which is a good thing, just no water. Can't see water leaking from anywhere either, anybody an ideas?

And before we start a scoobynet style thread, yes I have put water in.

Thanks

Dan

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Neostar said:
My window washers have stopped working, both front and rear. Can here the motors working which is a good thing, just no water. Can't see water leaking from anywhere either, anybody an ideas?

And before we start a scoobynet style thread, yes I have put water in.

Thanks

Dan

Does the rear one still work...? It it does then swap the tubes over just to see if its the pump...

It could be dirt stuck in the tube...

Tube could have detatched itself from the pump...

Rishi

GTIR-LOZ

damn was about to say that, pull the pipe off the washer jet, if water comes out the jets are blocked, if not work your way back or alternatley start from the pump end and work your way forward, could have some crap in the bottle blocking the pump

J

jasegould

1. Blocked jets
2. Blocked filters is really common, remove the pump and clean the filter
3. Knackered one way valves are also a prob, not sure if the R has them but I usually run a drill through them.
4. Rear window washer pipes usually break where they come out of the car and go into the tailgate, the end of the hose dissapears into the roof :roll:

Hmmmm...bout it really

O

Olly

Hmmmmmm not sure if they work like a FORD but the motor spins and impeller just slips hence no or low pressure, shagged washer pump :roll:

A

Anonymous

Right cheers lads, I will have a look at the weekend.

I can here the pump running, but no water appears for either the front or rear.

Dan

S

Sunny Nutter

bet its just the nozzles that are blocked!
get a pin/needle and push it into the holes and move it around! :wink:
happens all the time with mine!

MrMischief

Mine did this on way home from buying it...where the rubber tube goes from the bulkhead onto the bonnet was pinched in the rubber seal for the bonnet...have a look there as mine does it now & again if the bonnet's opened too far & closed quickly.

Annoying eh :?

Steve

A

Anonymous

Right lads actually had a bit of daylight to play with today.

Basically the rear one works fine, and if I disconnect the hose from that Y piece atached to the left side of the bonnet that splits the hose into the two seperate bonnet washers and fire them up water comes wizzing out so I am assuming there is a block in that Y piece as neither washer produces any water

Dan

J

jaigtir

my washer is quite funny, totally misses the windscreen and sprays the car behind. lol, i really should sort that out :shock:

J

jasegould

Check for a one way valve, these can become blocked...just run an 1/8 drill through it :wink:

A

Anonymous

Right lads, I have kind of sorted this. As jasegould says there are actually little valves in the washer jets themselves, and they were both jammed shut.

Quick prod with a screwdriver, and they both worked, although one jammed again, so my options are either to get new ones or do as Jase says and drill them out.

Thanks for all the tips

Dan