Cobra daytona seat help

G

gagge

Hello
Ive got cobra daytona seats with subrames in my car. The thing is I need to get the seats about 5-10cm closer to the steeringwheel. Ive already pulled the seats forward as much as possible but still need to get the seats about 5-10cm more forward. Anyone got any tips on how to do this?

skiddusmarkus

Growth hormones,break your legs and graft in some more bone,platform shoes,blocks on the pedals,sleep in growbags,recline seat to max and drive lying down.
Or.....you ould have the subrames extended by cutting out the original bar and having longer ones welded in.Speak to Jobi Joba as he's having similar problems with his Suzuka.His subframes are different to yours but you may be bale to help each other out.

G

gagge

thanks skiddus...Ive solved it now.. just need to find some iron and drill 4 holes... will take care of it as soon as this easter shit is over, all the stores are closed overe her until tuesday.

G

gagge

why? I think they look really good. matches the interior of the car and they are comfortable to... :lol: just need to get the damned things a bit forwad so I dont have to lie down when Im driving

GINGA

Don't you mean when your sitting in it making broom broom noises pretending to drive it :?: :lol: (english humor :roll: )

skiddusmarkus

Don't you mean when your sitting in it making broom broom noises pretending to drive it (english humor )
Hahah,I can't even do that,I've stripped all the interior out including seats to make way for roll cage.

Davey

why? I think they look really good. matches the interior of the car and they are comfortable to... just need to get the damned things a bit forwad so I dont have to lie down when Im driving
Sorry m8, didnt mean to slag off your seats, they do look good, just think its a bit poor that you buy a set of seats designed for the GTI-R, and they dont actually fit!

Are cobra aware of the problem, perhaps they could sort it for you?
:D :D

G

gagge

Ohh no mate they fit just perfect. The thing is Im a short little fellah.. only 165cm long, thats why I need to do a special adjustment. Nothing wrong about the actual seats.

Davey

Ohh no mate they fit just perfect. The thing is Im a short little fellah.. only 165cm long, thats why I need to do a special adjustment. Nothing wrong about the actual seats.
Er, actually, there is something wrong with the seats(well, the runners to be precise), they dont fit m8, they're too high, and too far back, it's not only short people who struggle with them! :cry: :shock:

skiddusmarkus

The height bit worries me as when I wear a helmet with the standard seats my head is just touching the roof.Don't wanna get wedged :lol: .

G

gagge

Davey.. OK that explains it... because yeah sure Im short but Ive never had these problem with any other seats... but Im going to fix it with some iron and a couple of holes.. will be wicked...

Yeah the nordic dudes are like 2m tall and blond an all of that.
But Im from Armenia, came to Sweden when I was 1 year old.

A

Anonymous

I put the back of the seat up to get me closer to the pedals :oops:
being a short ass sucks :oops: :oops:

JIMMYBACK

cobra know about the problem most bucket seats they make sit a couple of inces higher cuase of the floor plan in the r :D thats why i kept the originals n got them leathered :lol: