clear front indicator mod ??

R

r5ben

on the how to bit of the site theres a part about getting the orange bits out of the front indicators to make them look really clear :p has anyone done this mod and whats it like to do ?
how hard are they to get apart and bond back together ?? :roll:

coz i think they look well sh1t as they are and theres no after market ones :wink:

Uncle Winnet

ive done this mod looks good if you get the silver bulbs its an easy mod to do just take your time with it and you will be fine

john

R

r5ben

wicked i will have a go then see how it turns out ! wheres the best place for the silver bulbs iveseen them for sale b4 are they about £12 ish for the pair ??

geoff pine

long nose pliers just un clip the bulb holder . i just broke the orange bit of plastic carefully and picked the bits out then fitted silver bulbs. 8) 8)

B

blugtirboy

geoff pine said:
long nose pliers just un clip the bulb holder . i just broke the orange bit of plastic carefully and picked the bits out then fitted silver bulbs. 8) 8)
can you do the front ones like that without taking the lenses off :D

geoff pine

no dont think so think it would brake the clear plastic :shock: the orange dome in the front is made of thicker plastic than the back . it so easy to do the way its shown in the how to do section and it does work 8) though if im wrong some one will say so. :oops:

Keira

blugtirboy said:
can you do the front ones like that without taking the lenses off :D
yes its a piece of p i s s and far less hassle than cooking them at gas mark 5 :lol:

just do it carefully,

B

blugtirboy

cheers kieron :D

is there a recommended way to do it ?

what tools should be used ?

how is the orange bit held in ,bonded ?

Keira

the orange bit is on tags, i was impatient and popped it into the indicator with a good whack with a screwdriver :roll: dave told me off :oops: :lol:

then i just started snipping away until it was all in little bits and out it fell, daves technique was to crack it first before whacking it

B

blugtirboy

cheers kieron :D :D :D

i've got an old cracked one i'll practice on that one first before breaking a good one :lol: :lol: :lol:

R

r5ben

had a look at mine and i did think about doing that just didnt want to have bits of old orange plastic jumping about inside :?