Cat Temp light on

forge400

hi

My cat light has come on which tells me that it's over heating. I have full Mongoose system, I had a look underneath and found a braided line split. This line is going in to the exhaust but the problem is that when i'm driving sometime the car won't go over 2,000rpm I have tried to solder it but it won't work. Will this affect any performance or will it cut off at 2,000rpm if that line is split. Any advice will be greatful.

Thank you

forge400

EVOBAD

as said by paz if u havnt got 1 get 1 mate it will give u better airflow my old gtir was a kreg it pased mot without cat

forge400

hi

I have a full sys mongoose which comes with a decat pipe any way i'm running 350bhp and 400bhp N.O.S so I deffinatly have de-cat. The thing i want to know will this cause a problem which i have stated above.

paz

forge400 said:
hi

I have a full sys mongoose which comes with a decat pipe any way i'm running 350bhp and 400bhp N.O.S so I deffinatly have de-cat. The thing i want to know will this cause a problem which i have stated above.

You have a wonderful way of sounding like an arsey bar-steward with your replies :roll:

If you have the decat, you don't need to worry. The only thing that the cat temp sensor does,(remarkably enough) is sense how hot the cat gets, and display a warning light if it overheats - the original idea was apparently to prevent you parking on anything and setting it on fire :lol:

As you don't have the cat any more, this is no longer a problem. All you need to do is disconnect the sensor and roberts your fathers brother. If I remember correctly there is a plug under the drivers seat :? (it could be somewhere else) disconnect that and you should be fine. Mines not even unplugged, just removed from the cat and pushed back up inside the car.

Paz

EVOBAD

ok it sounds as if u need a new braided pipe if it is split ask in wanted parts some 1 might hav 1 ,do u no how its split

paz

The split braided pipe going into the cat sounds like your sensor - you shouldn't need a new one, just disconnect it and see if that works :)

paz

Mad

If the braided cable shorts out it will light the bulb in the dash, do as Paz says and just remove it all.

antgtir

Is this braided item an acyual pipe or is it a strap i.e. the earthing strap?

I would be more concerned over the "wont go over 2000rpm" issue mate as this doesn't sound good, is the engine feeling as though there is no power i.e. activating the limp home mode?

If the exhaust is getting so hot maybe you are overfueling badly and so creating excessive heat? I have my sensor still attached and working with a mongoose and i dont get any over heating warnings signs, i would maybe take it to a garage and see what kind of emmisions you are getting, this is a good indicator as to whether or not something is wrong on the fueling side of things.

Ant.

forge400

hi

it will only do it sometimes but it runs o,k no overfueling but it did feel down on power as my boost was not hitting what it should do.

paz

antgtir said:
Is this braided item an acyual pipe or is it a strap i.e. the earthing strap?

I would be more concerned over the "wont go over 2000rpm" issue mate as this doesn't sound good, is the engine feeling as though there is no power i.e. activating the limp home mode?

If the exhaust is getting so hot maybe you are overfueling badly and so creating excessive heat? I have my sensor still attached and working with a mongoose and i dont get any over heating warnings signs, i would maybe take it to a garage and see what kind of emmisions you are getting, this is a good indicator as to whether or not something is wrong on the fueling side of things.

Ant.
I'd be concerned about that too, but from what I've read in the past the 2k thing sounds like a different issue - its normally just the sensor shorting which makes the light stay on, I don't think the sensor is any more intelligent than that.

Paz