car feeling realy sluggish,help please.

gtir bean

over the last couple of days my car started to run funny,missing a bit under full load but now it feels like the brakes are on when you try to accelerate.it also idles lower than normal.its as if the timing or sumthing is well out but i checked it and its ok.it starts as normal,just lower idle.but when you accelerate it feels sluggish.no loose hoses etc,boostind to 1bar as normal.fault code check ok.what would a duff airflow meter make the engine behave like?can someone help point me in the right direction.

geetee

MAF shouldn't really affect idle (theoretically).

What exhaust do you have on it and is it de-catted? Possibly the cat has collapsed and is blocking the exhaust?

Lots of things could cause it... broken down leads, duff plug, worn out rotor in the dizzy, dizzy moved, water in the cyl 1 plughole, random dust storm clogged the air filter :lol:, clogged injectors, tired fuel pump, sticky FPR etc etc

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

gtir bean

sheep dog/scorpion ehaust with no cat,new rotor arm and cap,fault code check ok,denso plugs and uprated leads within last 8k miles.recent walbro fuel pump and fuel filter,pumps gettin bout 11.5v.

geetee

If it wasn't for the low idle I'd say it was picking up det and going to safe mode (doesn't show on ecu check).

What voltage you getting across the battery terminals?

If it is more than your seeing at the fuel pump, check the resistance on your fuel pump earth wire. Mine was showing 12.5V so I couldn't understand why the pump would not spin up. Checked the resistance on the earth and it was several thousand ohms :shock:

Ran a new earth to just by the back light and it was fine.

I doubt it's that though, if it revs out it should be providing enough fuel to idle properly.

How low is it idling? Is it a lumpy idle ?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

gtir bean

it idles about 1k,i know thats where its meant to but its always idled about 1200 1300.its not that lumpy or anything.

gtir bean

nope,plugs look fine too.i looked at the lamda sensor thou and it looks a bit suss.one wite was out of the plug but not sure if i done that when i was pulling about at it.what order do the wires go in on the plug from the sensor.mine dont have a proper plug on it.

geetee

I should know, I was nobbing about with that connector yesterday fitting my AFR gauge.... but I dunno.

You mean the connector on the end of the 3 wires from the Lambda, the connector on the loom, or actually where they go into the Lambda itself?

I'll take a look if you let me know which one you mean..

Cheers
GeeTee

gtir bean

well it seemed ok for about half a day with the new lamda then the same again.then it came up with code 11 so i changed the crank angle sensor and went ok for a wee bit but then it started to go pants again.fault check ok.i had every plug i could find off today and cleaned the connections with contact cleaner and still the same.the only thing i can think off is that the det sensor is playing up as id does feel like the timing is retarded as it is slow reving and has no power.im getting sick of it now.it seems to be using more fuel now too. :(