Can you reuse a 3 layer 2mm HKS head gasket?

Mr GTiR

Some people will say yes and others will say no. IMO it depends on how many miles an engine has run with a metal headgasket on. I would say your ok for a few hundered miles.

MarkTurbo

Must be about 2 years ago now that i reused my 1.2mm HKS gasket and its been holding upto 1.5 bar with no problems :lol:

You just need to get the old one spotless and then give it a good coating of hairspray ;-)

Mr GTiR said:
IMO it depends on how many miles an engine has run with a metal headgasket on. I would say your ok for a few hundered miles.
Mine was getting on 10,000 miles old i think ;-) :lol:

davey red.r

funny that i was speaking to a lad that races a 400+pulsar and 17years of working on them and a thriving buisness servicing gtir/s and porsches,
and he says you cant reuse the 1.2mil gasket
who,s the liar here?:lol: :lol:

gtirx2

I reused a metal head gasket 3 times and it was fine, but when i reused it a 4th time on a different head it leeked,but i think that was down to a rough skim job.

MarkTurbo

davey red.r said:
he says you cant reuse the 1.2mil gasket
Well thats that cleared up then, looks like all the people that have reused them must have imagined it :lol:

Just out of interest how many times has he reused one to find that out?

davey red.r

mark i was wanting him to put a cylinder head on for me, an uprated one, only 2 month after he had fitted my forged engine he said that when doing the job i would need to replace the hks gasket,and id just paid 2 month before £190 if i remember right,so i forgot that plan probs just couldnt be ars*d to do it,but if you have done it mate then i guess that answers the lads question.

regards davey;-)