bucket seats now finished

gtir303

after lots of planning and hard work there done and something that has been waiting to go on my car for ages has giving my mum her spare room back :lol:

Davey

they're gonna look real good m8 :D
Where did you say you got em, and can you get anymore?
Did that strut brace fit ok? :wink:

gtir303

Davey said:
they're gonna look real good m8 :D
Where did you say you got em, and can you get anymore?
Did that strut brace fit ok? :wink:
Yeah cheers m8 4 the strut brace .... fittd it as soon as i got home!

Got the seats off Ebay! (made by - Autotechnica) Normally £250 per seat, but i paid £300 for the pair brand new off sum geez coz m8y cudnt fit em & wudnt pay 2 av em dun!

It ent the point of wot seats u get, u av 2 av the time 2 do all the weldin, mounting points & that as they are all difrent hights! Quotes i got 4 sum1 else 2 do em rangd frm £300 - £350!!! MADNESS!!!
Takes alot of plannin & pi**in bout but dun 1 seat in 1/2 a day! Not bad 4 the 1st time! Shows ow much money u can save by avin ya own welder & tools etc ...

Nad

If you want them to sit nice and low ur gona need a set of custom brackets.

Nad

gtir303

I tried getin brackets 4 it but it was guna cost just as much as the seats!
Ther actualy realy cumfy & once the otha seat is in ther wont b a hight difrence!

Just av 2 watch me legs as i get in the drivers seat!

I fink they look alrite, not a bad attempt for a non-pro! Most ppl r 2 scared 2 tackle thez fings on ther own!

JIMMYBACK

you just have got to have the balls... i did this with fitting seating into my civic with items found in my local wickes.....it cost me £24 in total and 2 days to build ( lots of fcuking around) 8) nice job 8)

gtir303

Tel me bout it - wiv the pulsar u av 4 difrent hights & u av 2 mak up little blocks 2 mak em all the same hight so u dunt sit on the pi**!

Im chuffed! :D

S

Sirnixalot

Bride do seat rails for US$140 from taka...and we know that they arent the cheapest.

gtir303

Sirnixalot said:
Bride do seat rails for US$140 from taka...and we know that they arent the cheapest.
As ur 1 of the administrators/moderators - wot dya fink of my handy work so far?

S

Sirnixalot

looks awesome :D

did you weld new mounts to the floor ot did you just make brackets....i cant really see that well but so long as they are sturdy and work they are great 8)

gtir303

Sirnixalot said:
looks awesome :D

did you weld new mounts to the floor ot did you just make brackets....i cant really see that well but so long as they are sturdy and work they are great 8)
i made uo brackets using bits of the old runners they sit a bit high but i think look good and better off sitting a bit high than sitting in my mums spare room

cheers

mate

A

Anonymous

They look really good 8)

I renember when i fitted bucket seats in my golf, they took ages to fit and weld in. Then when the were in they were sat way to low i could hardly see the road :lol: So had to have some mounts put it to get a decent height.. It was all worth it in the end though 8)