Brighter rear silver indicator bulbs

S

Stoned

OK I did the clear rear indicator mod about a year back and used those silver bulbs that look invisible

However, since then my mates have commented that during the day they are too dark and very hard to see, and a few horns from various cars over the year have reinforced this point.

Does anyone sell higher wattage rear silver bulbs as the standards simply aren’t up to the job (although they did pass the MOT!)

S

Stoned

Never mind. I found some people selling 27w silver bulbs instead of the usual 21w. Should make the difference.

Mr GTiR

let us know how you get on as i have the same problem with mine and most of my mates hate driving behind me as they say they can't see the dam indicators! :(

paz

Stoned said:
OK I did the clear rear indicator mod about a year back and used those silver bulbs that look invisible

However, since then my mates have commented that during the day they are too dark and very hard to see, and a few horns from various cars over the year have reinforced this point.

Does anyone sell higher wattage rear silver bulbs as the standards simply aren’t up to the job (although they did pass the MOT!)
Have you got any pics of the lights now you've done the mod?

Cheers

Paz

paz

Looks very tidy fella ;)

I was thinking you'd somehow stripped the red off the rear lights to leave yourself with white/clear only.

Paz

S

Stoned

lol nah. I reckon that would look rubbish tbh so I wont even try.

BenD

Ever tried using orange bulbs and painting them with chrome spray you can get from halfrauds??

It does work :wink:

Ben

S

Stoned

I'm sure it would, but then they would still be 21w bulbs with silver spray on them. I need brighter bulbs

S

Stoned

Well I got them and they are indeed brighter. I would go as far as saying they are now visable on a bright sunny day :)

An improvement certainly, but still not as bright as I would like.

BenD

Stoned said:
I'm sure it would, but then they would still be 21w bulbs with silver spray on them. I need brighter bulbs
your more likely to find higher wattage orange bulbs than you are silver bulbs :wink: