Breathing mods

Animaldaz

I did a search on this and found alot of conflicting views.
Im about to fit an oil catch can which will connect to the cam cover T and will vent via a wee filter, im keeping the oe oil seperator. Which leaves the PCV valve and its plumbing, should it stay or go? i read that once your venting the breathing system to atmosphere you should remove this lot. My R is fairly standard if that makes any difference.
Im also gonna junk the carbon cannister, do people just block everything off or have they come up with an alternative way of venting the tank?

Any thoughts?

J

jpward

Yup hit the search button and each area has been covered in the last few months

youngsyp

Junk all that crap, you don't need it, the car will run better for it and, you won't be getting oil mist in your inlet track.

Animaldaz

Thats what im after, i got a bit of oil out of my DV and the air filter re-locate pipe ive just fitted doesnt have the connection for the breather pipe, so its all going.

B

Beachsleeper

This is what i want to do. But when i hit search i get posts, like do it, dont do it. Nissan put it there for a reason..... I cant do it as my knowledge of the pulsar is not great. But what would be Great is a thread (how to) ripp all the crap out that we dont need.

Animaldaz

Thats exactly why i started this thread because of the conflicting opinions about this mod, more so with the removal of the pcv and plumbing. Im positive removing the cannister wont do any harm.

youngsyp

I've had all mine removed for as long as I can remember (10's of thousands of miles) and it hasn't caused any harm. In fact, I've only seen benefits from it.

GTi-R23

In my opinion, it is there to purely reduce emissions of oil vapours into the atmosphere, as long as you still have a breather system for the car then it won't do any damage, ie a properly vented catch tank.

The carbon cannister is all crap and will do no damage removing it.

B

Beachsleeper

So can anyone on this forum put up a "how too" thread, To remove the crap we dont need?