Bottom end bearings

sypher

Phoned Nissan dealer today to get bottom end shells and and oil pump gears and a few other bits n' bobs. now i require "grade 0 / black(a)" main shells and "grade 0 / no colour(a)" con' rod shells, i was told that you can only get ONE size of shells. where as ones from manual download (sds) EM pages 267 - 268 states otherwise...

I asked for oil pump gears and was told you cannot get the gears seperately although i was sent a fax that showed otherwise!!

i didn;t even bother with asking for the clutch release bearing or the fly wheel dowells to hold the clutch

Can some peeps give their experiences of nissan on this issue!!!!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I haven't had a problem with my local Nissan, but I haven't ordered any engine bits off them yet.

For any nissan parts order off Mike at mjpauto.

Number is 01277374201
:wink:

I

Innovate Performance

our local dearler is great they always get what i want.

skiddusmarkus

I got the oil pump gears seperately so as usual they speaketh from their trumpers.There are obviosuly different grades of shells as cranks don't just wear to a certain point and then suddenly stop.

C

chris-b

fast guy- who's mjp auto's?
its an 01277 number thats brentwood area?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
chris-b said:
fast guy- who's mjp auto's?
its an 01277 number thats brentwood area?
http://www.mjpauto.com/

He's a good guy for getting brand new spares off. I think he's on the Nissan dealers network or something and he's often cheaper than they are. I've only dealt with him once but he got what I wanted quite easily and sends it mail order. Very handy if your dealer is miles away. :wink:

daz

you do realise that an import pulsar crank is different to a sunny gti-r crank. the uk sunny gti-r crank is 0.025" undersize of the import pulsar crank. i had this problem when i rebuilt my bottom end put the crank in tightened the crank carriers with the bearings in and the crank went solid. finally discovered after much head scratching that the wrong bearings were supplied with the crank from a local nissan dealer???? so basically ended up with a crank and bearings that were 0.025" too big finally got the correct bearings and the whole lot went together fine. so yes there are diff sizes of bearing so make sure you get the correct ones 8)

GINGA

The Import and Uk cranks are the same
theres 3 grades of standard big end bearings to chose from to allow for blueprinting basically, theres next to bugger all different in the size though so if your fitting new bearings to a old crank better to get the largest size (grade 2).
theres also 3 under size bearing sizes aswell 0.08mm, 0.12mm and 0.25mm.