boost controller

buffalobilla

i fitted an Apexi AVCR correctly and it doesnt seem to be boosting over standard boost :?
can it be the actuator? :shock:

JIMMYBACK

:shock: thats possible right next time yout round my way we will check the solenoid.then check the wiring :D :roll: :wink:

J

justin666

Does it monitor every thing perfectly..?? ie, Revs, Speed, Throttle and boost..??? Does the display show the boost pressure droppin to negative when your on tick over or lift off the throttle..??? If the boost figures are not showing any negative pressure with the lowest reading being 0.00 then its plumbed in wrong :?

I made this mistake on mine by connecting the pressure sensor the the wrong vac pipe :oops: :oops: The apexi wouldnt control boost because it was gettin incorrect info and i only had actuator pressure.

J..

buffalobilla

justin666 said:
Does it monitor every thing perfectly..?? ie, Revs, Speed, Throttle and boost..??? Does the display show the boost pressure droppin to negative when your on tick over or lift off the throttle..??? If the boost figures are not showing any negative pressure with the lowest reading being 0.00 then its plumbed in wrong :?

I made this mistake on mine by connecting the pressure sensor the the wrong vac pipe :oops: :oops: The apexi wouldnt control boost because it was gettin incorrect info and i only had actuator pressure.

J..
itz reading everything correctly and i do get negative boost :shock: :lol:

so what could it be then lads? :?

ram5ay

buffalobilla said:
itz deffo fitted correctly, otherwise it wouldnt boost at all :shock: :p
Should still boost to a min of 0.5 bar on a standard tubby/actuator no matter how its plumbed in iirc.

buffalobilla

ram5ay said:
buffalobilla said:
itz deffo fitted correctly, otherwise it wouldnt boost at all :shock: :p
Should still boost to a min of 0.5 bar on a standard tubby/actuator no matter how its plumbed in iirc.
it does go to 0.6-0.7 bar but thats it, doesnt exceed that even if i put the boost higher on the AVCR :? :shock:

Dooie Pop Pop

try jimmys thingy :wink: you may have a DODGY SOLONOID :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats what was wrong with Jimmybarebackbuggeries one anyway.

buffalobilla

Dooie Pop Pop said:
try jimmys thingy :wink: you may have a DODGY SOLONOID :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats what was wrong with Jimmybarebackbuggeries one anyway.
ive tried jimmys AVCR but same prob, could it be apexi acutuator?
i was running a bleed valve before the apexi and it seemed to boost happily to 1bar :? :lol:

daz

when you plumb in a boost controller no matter how you plumb it in if you do it wrong the car will still run boost up to actuator pressure no matter what you do just depends on how much pre load there is on the actuator bar it self. just my two pence :lol: :lol: but to me it just seems like its plumbed in wrong thats all. i made the same mistake with my blitz sbc id boost controller and no matter what i turned the boost up to on the controller it just ran 0.7 all the time. because iirc there are two settings on the apexi boost solenoid one for int wg and one for ext wg.

buffalobilla

daz said:
when you plumb in a boost controller no matter how you plumb it in if you do it wrong the car will still run boost up to actuator pressure no matter what you do just depends on how much pre load there is on the actuator bar it self. just my two pence :lol: :lol: but to me it just seems like its plumbed in wrong thats all. i made the same mistake with my blitz sbc id boost controller and no matter what i turned the boost up to on the controller it just ran 0.7 all the time. because iirc there are two settings on the apexi boost solenoid one for int wg and one for ext wg.
true, but i put jimmys apexi unit in place of mine and still the same prob so dont think it can be the unit settings. can it be the apexi valve actuator thats not working correctly? :?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Faulty presure sensor...

Could have gotten too wet... Take it apart and give it a good clean... Check nothing in it has shorted...

Rishi

buffalobilla

RishiGTiR said:
Faulty presure sensor...

Could have gotten too wet... Take it apart and give it a good clean... Check nothing in it has shorted...

Rishi
it reads the pressure ok, it goes into negative when not boosting and goes to zero at the same time as the boost gauge. can it still be faulty? :?