BOOST AND FUEL CONTROLLERS

G

gavmc18

JUST LOOKING IN TO BUYING AN ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLLER AND FUEL CONTROLLER AND WAS WONDERING WHICH WOULD BE THE ONES TO GO FOR

AND AT WHAT PRICE U CAN PICK THEM UP

CHEERS GAV

O

Odin

I really wouldn't bother if I where you mate, you can get a power FC or greddy e-manage for a little more and they would be a fare better/safer way to tune your car :wink: .

rob

andygtir

ive got the apexi avc-r and safcII and im happy enough with them. i got mine off ebay.

easy to fit and set up and look the mutts nuts 8)

but like v says go for the fully programable ecu if you can afford it.

M

mozza

I got Blitz SBC boost, HKS AFR(fuel) and Apexi ITC(ignition timing) and they work very well together...but according to a few people if you buy all 3, they are as expensive as buying a power FC which is the complete ECU.....got quoted around 900 fitted???.....

Know of a lad selling an Apexi ITC unit for around 100 quid if your interested BTW.

you cant really set the above up though, need a decent rollers for an accurate setup so thats gonna cost you abit too.

S

stuart rawlinson

vpulsar said:
I really wouldn't bother if I where you mate, you can get a power FC or greddy e-manage for a little more and they would be a fare better/safer way to tune your car :wink: .

rob
And theres always Motec :wink:

Stu

O

Odin

stuart rawlinson said:
vpulsar said:

rob
And theres always Motec :wink:

Stu
I didn't say a word :roll: so you cant slate me :?

rob

geetee

Got to agree - if ur going the whole hog get an all in one Motec etc. and get it setup professionally on rollers.

The amount of time you'll spend pissing about setting up individual controllers to work happily with each other - or finding a tuner who knows them all - it just gets silly.

But bear in mind, if you are only looking to go to 1 bar (ish) then you only really need a cheap boost controller (Greddy Profec B?) and a fuel pump. And a quick check on the rollers to get your ignition setup to avoid detonation - which should be far cheaper than a full Motec etc and setup.

But you have to realistically think what your end goal is and cater for that.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)