Bluebird AWD Tranny in a R??????

vss irvine

have you asked on the the SR20 FORUM?

because most of the members on here are in the uk, and the car your asking about never made it over here.

1cleangtir

I did make a thread there too, but I am getting mixed responses to it. Nobody has first hand experience to know if it works for sure or not.

djdoc360

Does the bluebird transmission have a stock number? Maybe i could find a answer for you. The U13 turbo AWD bluebirds are rare over here..

1cleangtir

Here are a couple pics of the Bluebird transmission. There will be more pics as well as part numbers sent to me tomorrow. So far, it looks pretty much the same. Thoughts?

NME_RR

lucky man

it looks like you in luck my friend!!

The casing's look identical, but the mounts on the box will need to be swapped for the gti-r one's obviously, the clutch fork looks the same. . .

The only thing i would question, is the amount of splines there are on the input shaft but i cant see why NISSAN would have made them different.

Just hope the gti-r drive shafts fit the diff!!! Take one or both with you when you go to collect, and the clutch disk so you can check the input shaft!!!

If your still concerned that the box will match up to your block, get some thick paper/card and make a gasket to fit between the two with all the holes all in the correct places, then when you got to collect you can check again!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

1cleangtir

Thanks, I hope it is going to work. Hopefully it has the front LSD too. Anyone else have any input?

1cleangtir

he couldn't find any part numbers on the transmission anywhere. I asked him to remove the transfer case so I can see the bolt pattern and see if it has an LSD or not. If anyone has an easier way to check this, please post. I am trying to not hassle him too much because he is doing me a big favor with this deal.

1cleangtir

I'm hoping to use the GTi-R transfer case if it is the same bolt pattern. I haven't taken mine out yet to compare, but I should be doing that in the next few days.

1cleangtir

THEY ARE THE SAME....incase anyone was wondering. I got the Bluebird transmission the other day and it is the same exact transmission as the GTi-R. I installed it today and everything is going good.

NME_RR

good man,

If there's a bluebirds owner club, (perish the thought) they will be screwing at us lot now, :rofl: