*blue lights* sir....get out of the pulsar...lol

B

Bing

Polie protection

Well at least no one will nick it. Thats police protection for ya. I bet the buggers gave it once over before they went and got their donuts.

BING

J

Jonny H

Protection from the police and an AA van just incase! The perfect survival kit for a pulsar right there! :mrgreen:

Roy Archer

apparantly it is legal for you to have a motorbike sized number plate as long as the car is an import? can anybody clarify this?

Dooie Pop Pop

Roy Archer said:
should have asked them for a race
mate these are traffic police...sense of humour not included! :roll: :wink: :lol: besides i didn' t fancy a £30 fine cos of my plate just for being cheeky :lol: :roll:

mattygti-r

Dooie Pop Pop said:
Roy Archer said:
should have asked them for a race
mate these are traffic police...sense of humour not included! :roll: :wink: :lol: besides i didn' t fancy a £30 fine cos of my plate just for being cheeky :lol: :roll:
plus we had a fry up to eat :lol:

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Theres been loads of discussions about this, but thats not the size of a motorbike number plate...its smaller. lol.

Dooie Pop Pop

still pretty big by most standards. that got me off a ticket a little while ago, that and the fact that the copper that pulled me had dealt with the attempted theft of my metro :roll: :lol:

nice chap :D

Hill_Billy

Display of Vehicle Registration Marks on Imported Vehicles
(which have a restricted space for a standard sized number plate)

Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:
The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval

AND

The vehicle's construction/design cannot accomodate standard size number plates

Specifications for smaller sized plates (for certain imported vehicles)

Character Height

64mm

Character Width

44mm

Character Stroke

10mm

Space between characters

10mm

taken from

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htm

if u look at the front of the pulsar the gap for the number plate os 13inchs... sry ot cant hold any bigger ;)

i win

police 0 me 1

have this printed out in car... ver yfunny to watch them waste 10 mins measuring it all then u tell them there wrong :)

geoff pine

nissan sold the gtir in the uk so it must be eu type aproved so your argument does not stand .you were just luck to get away with it.

JIMMYBACK

geoff pine said:
nissan sold the gtir in the uk so it must be eu type aproved so your argument does not stand .you were just luck to get away with it.
a uk sunny would be under that catergory.the pulsar is a jdm vehcile so the same rules dont apply to it 8) :wink: