Bit of a whining when the clutch is pushed down?

antgtir

Hi all, just a quick question to see what you all think it is.

When i push my clutch in there is a whining noise, i have a sneaky feeling that it is my clutch release bearing, what do you all think it is? :cry:

Ive recently had a clutch fitted so its nothing to do with the actual clutch being worn, what do you reckon?

Thanks alot Ant. :wink:

gtir303

release bearing most likely but could be input shaft bearings done this for a mate ,he changed the release bearing still had the noise so i done input shaft bearings that shut it up

E

Edd

gtir303 said:
release bearing most likely but could be input shaft bearings done this for a mate ,he changed the release bearing still had the noise so i done input shaft bearings that shut it up
this has recently happened to my mate but he has more of a rattle, he thought it was thrust bearing and i even warned him it might be input shaft but he replaced the clutch, nice engine out job and the noise is still there :roll:

How easy/hard and costly is it to do the input shaft?

O

Olly

Box out, box apart, both gear sets out, remove old bearing from input shaft fit new, check and inspect all other syncros for discolouration, leave it tooooooooo long and you may strip first gear too much backlash between the gears, easy job , wish it was same as my birds RS T sadly not though cos the bearing eats the shaft so Diesel box with LSD it is then. :lol: