big end

otter

Hi, just registered. Just wana ask if any1 else has had trouble wid there pulsars big end shells whilst doing 157mph. Cos i bloody well have!
:(

A

Anonymous

i did a big end due to a major over-reving episode at santa pod a while back and other than that i`ve not heard of anyone doing a crank.i thought the crank was 1 of the least likely bits to fail in the engine.

ashills

i had a rattle that turned out to be big ends aswell as:
crank (cracked)
pistons (ring land cracked)
rods were near on being scraped but were saved thank god
cams were worn and followers knackered and scratched so just a few probs ive had lol

A

Anonymous

ashills said:
i had a rattle that turned out to be big ends aswell as:
crank (cracked)
pistons (ring land cracked)
rods were near on being scraped but were saved thank god
cams were worn and followers knackered and scratched so just a few probs ive had lol
think the engine runs better with a bit of oil in it now and again :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
otter said:
Hi, just registered. Just wana ask if any1 else has had trouble wid there pulsars big end shells whilst doing 157mph. Cos i bloody well have!
:(
Are you going to tell us what trouble then? :?

C

caz

What a BI*TCH of a statement after only 3 posts, poor bugger

otter

big ends

Trouble is that the shells have gone, doh!
I mean it isnt that much of a big deal but i just dont have 1 and a half gee's lying around at the mo.
Ive only had the car 3mths and its a fresh import so was expecting it 2last a little bit longer.
I suppose i was warned about them! :cry:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Re: big ends

otter said:
I suppose i was warned about them! :cry:
The shells or the car? Depending if there's any other damage, you might be able to get it done cheaper than that. Try speaking to (mike) Ex-gtir and see if he can offer you any advice.

otter

Big end shells m8. In the ENGINE!
Theres no other damage. Just waitin 2hear how bad the crank is. And a rough estimate of how much its gona cost 4the whole job done.
:?: