AVCR queries

E

Edd

Right fitted my AVCR and set it up fine, however have a couple of queries.

I wired the one wire into the rpm signal instead of injector signal, but i still get a changing reading on the injector duty BUT it goes down, ie i get 86.4 % on idle then it drops to say 30% on full throttle. Is this working properly but on a bacwards scale, ie you have 30% duty left.

Also on the throttle one i presume it is measuring the percentage of throttle, ie 0% nothing, 100% is full throttle. (i havent read manual so not sure but presume this :oops: :roll: )
In 2/3/4th gear i am getting a variance of about 80-96% throttle when floored, does this mean i have a bit of slack in my throttle cable and im not getting 100% throttle?
As at times its only hitting 72% when floored :cry: :cry:

Davey

My injector duty does the same, so i presume it's cos the 'R is somehow backwards to what most cars are?
It's pretty annoying, cos you cant use the peak hold feature, so you dont know what your injectors are doing :x
My throttle works perfectly though, so you may have a problem somewhere m8 :? :?:

E

Edd

i think next thing to do is throw the mats out and make sure the pedal's hitting the floor :lol: :oops:

i have seen 100% but only once :shock:

A

ard1ey

If you've got the wire for RPM or Injector Duty connected the ECU's RPM signal then you can't use the AVC-R's Injector Duty reading (and vice versa). The best way is to wire in a switch so you can change between the RPM/Injector signal from the ECU. Inj Duty readings are going funny because the AVC-R is trying to work out your duty from the RPM signal (and then getting its knickers in a twist :) )
If your throttle readings are all over the place and your sure its mechanically ok then it sounds like a dodgy connection or maybe the throttle sensor is on its way out.

J

jiw

i spoke to someone about this duty thing going down as i have the same problem!!!

It was explained that the injector duty is the amount of time that the injector stays open for on each cycle i.e the more fuel which is needed the longer the injector stays open, i was also told as the injector stays open longer the duty cycle will decrease, however im not sure wether this is correct, jeff

N

Ninja_tune_factory

just out of asking how hard is it to fit a avcr ?

A

ard1ey

Yes, Injector Duty is the amount of time the injector is open (as a percentage of the total time for a complete open/close cycle). If your duty is 50%, the injector is open for half of the complete injection cycle. If your duty is at or approaching 100% then the injectors are open pretty much all the time (and its probably time for some bigger injectors :D )

LOU ROB

The weird throttle readings can be caused by a loose connection in the unit.I pulled on the wire going into the AVC-R(by accident)when I was cleaning the car.
Try opening the four little screws at the back of the unit,and yol see where the wires split up into a little connector.make sure the connector is pushed on snugly on to the circuit board. :wink:

A

ard1ey

Not hard to fit, just take care when you identify the wires you have to connect to on the ECU. If you can I'd solder all the connections as well. Biggest problem is deciding where to put the thing inside the car.

E

Edd

ive currently got mine wedged between the windscreen and the front where the air comes out where it curls up a bit :lol: :lol:
will choose where to mount it some other time :wink:

It's a piece of p*ss to fit really

Took my mats out the car tonight and without them in the way i can get the pedal to the floor and hit 100% in each gear now on throttle :D :oops: :lol: :twisted:

rsnissan told me i could wire switch in, i might do at some point as think it would be useful BUT i'm running 1000cc injectors so i f*cking well hope they don't max out :shock: :shock:

L

Little Erve

Been a while since I installed mine so I can't quite remember, but isn't the reason you hook it up to the throttle so that self-learning or start duty cycle works? I can't quite remember.

Also, I made a very easy bracket for mine which I've mounted just below the mirror controls (it's held in via a screw that's just under neath those controls) I'll take a picture when I get home ( about 8 hours from now ).

A

ard1ey

Its something to do with the unit self learning better if it uses the RPM signal rather than the Injector Duty. Throttle position should always be connected.

Edd - 1000cc injectors!! Do you have your own private petrol station :D

E

Edd

no but i think i might be investing in shell shares :wink:

just hope 1000's are enough :shock: :lol:

R

robinsongtir

just get eight 1000cc's to be on the safe side or maybe four 1600cc they should do the job :wink: