Arias pistons

G

gtir boy

Just wondering if anyone has put them in there R....and what boost are you running with them....also do they clear the oil jets in the bore???????

Mr GTiR

Was looking into these pistons a while back but did not find ut if they did a GTiR application. I seem to to that they would have to be custome made but don't quote me on that.

The only American pistons which are R specific are JE and Wiseco.

Best person to ask is Nikko aka Sirnixalot.

Regards
Andy

S

Sirnixalot

JWT has Arias make GTi-R specific pistons for them so there is another option. Its just that JWT is a bit more expensive.

If you want you can send Arias a stock piston and they will replicated it.
A set of four pistons, rings and wrist pins willrun you US$580

P

purplemonster

I FITTED arias pistons in my R last week

but running it in at the moment

P

purplemonster

i orederd them through a friend and took several weeks
they are very nice pistons

mine are 20' over size ,for some reason 87mm would have taken longer to get hold of

G

gtir boy

did you order them as sr20det pistons or specific gtir ones...

G

gtir boy

I have some of these Arias pistons they are 20 thou oversize and they are standard sr20det. not GTi-R specific. They do clear the oil jets :D

Mr GTiR

gtir boy said:
they are standard sr20det. not GTi-R specific
no they wont fit as this application is seen as a RWD SR20DET (200SX) which has a different oil squter/cooler configuration to an R.

When ordering GTiR pistions they have to be R specific. I have been 'done' this way as i ordered some 'SR20DET' pistons and they come without the notch in the skirt to clear the oil squters :cry:

G

gtir boy

Thats weird cause the ones I got were for a 200sx and I put them in yesterday and the pistons clear the jets by about 1.5mm

Mr GTiR

hummm did not know Arias make GTiR specific pistions.

what size did you get?

My 87mm JE's turned up this morning (about fecking time !)

G

gtir boy

Mr GTiR said:
hummm did not know Arias make GTiR specific pistions.
what size did you get?
I got 86.5mm and yes I was aware of the specific gtir ones and my supplier promised me that these would be ok for my motor