A'pexi Super AVC-R (1st gen) best setup?

vizi0n

Hey there everyone!

I have just received my AVC-R today and wish to install it over the weekend. I would like your advice as to what specs should I set it to? Has anyone ever programmed one?

I can do the hardware work of plugging everything, but as far as configuring the unit, I may not be well documented.

I have the standard Garrett T28 turbo, 3 inch exhaust, standard ecu, stock internals and stock recirculation valve. I'd like to bring the boost up to 1 bar (as it seems to be the limit of what is possible on a stock turbo+engine)

I'll be waiting for your advice!

Frank

PS: I am planning on upgrading to a front mount intercooler with a bailey dump valve in about a month or 2

JIMMYBACK

as it seems to be the limit of what is possible on a stock turbo+engine) [/QUOTE said:
i think you gonna get ribbed for saying that 1.2-1.3 bar with the right mods will be fine on standard engine....just make sure the fuelling right.......althou the standard dump valve will leak but you changing that so it s fine............a walbro fuel pump is in order thou as well as a decent clutch.eg rps max is a gooden and probbo jusr down the road from you:thumbsup:

vizi0n

yeah i might need a clutch sooner or later, i'll just try to keep this one for this year but it started slipping a bit under hard acceleration when its too hot

vizi0n

One more question, should I completely unplug the stock boost solenoid, or just put some plugs on the ends where the hoses go and leave the +12v/-12v on it?

Also, I've just went for a test drive and the max boost I can get when the AVC-R is turned off is 0.6bar, is that about right? Damn those turbos ... I've never played around these things hehe

Last edited:

youngsyp

vizi0n said:
One more question, should I completely unplug the stock boost solenoid, or just put some plugs on the ends where the hoses go and leave the +12v/-12v on it?

Also, I've just went for a test drive and the max boost I can get when the AVC-R is turned off is 0.6bar, is that about right? Damn those turbos ... I've never played around these things hehe
Personally, I'd remove the stock boost solenoid altogether, you don't need it any more !

0.6 bar is about right for stock boost.

As for the setting up, set the boost level to 1.0 kg/mm and the duty to 45%. Set up feedback levels to 5. Set it up to use the 'gear judge' in all gears. If you need the settings for this, I'll get them at lunch time for you. Set up the 'ne' points from 3000 rpm up to as high as they'll go with the number of steps you have, in 500 rpm steps. Then, go and find a nice long straight piece of road and hoof it in 4th so the unit can get a stady boost level and go into 'learn' mode. Job done !

vizi0n

thanks for the tips, but the only one that will be useful is the 45% duty, because I have the first gen unit (1/4 din size) not the new big&blue unit :)

the duty was at 54 but I'll give 46 a try and see how it goes ... and about the "learning" process, what do I have to do exactly, and when will it "come out" of learning mode, because it's unclear in the manual..

youngsyp

vizi0n said:
thanks for the tips, but the only one that will be useful is the 45% duty, because I have the first gen unit (1/4 din size) not the new big&blue unit :)

the duty was at 54 but I'll give 46 a try and see how it goes ... and about the "learning" process, what do I have to do exactly, and when will it "come out" of learning mode, because it's unclear in the manual..
Sorry matey, not sure about the learning process on the older model. However, on the newer one, it stays in 'learn' mode, iirc ?!