Apexi power FC

PaulB

Guys,
Could you tell me why we cant use the SR20DET power Fc with the Gtir, and why it has to be the Rnn14. Cannit get hold of one for toffee.

Can i use this one and get it mapped??

Thanks

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You can use the 200SX one. You just need to make some adjustments to get it to work.

Rishi

PaulB

which one out of these would it be ??

91 JAN - 93 SEP S13 SR20det redtop
93 OCT - 96 MAY S14 ZENKI SR20det
96 JUN - 98 DEC S14 KOUKI SR20det

cheers guys (Y)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Stumo looked into this but might have sourced a GtiR one now as ultimately its an easier path.

We were talking about (whichever one he chose) will work but you need to swap the entire igntion sytem to coil packs. This is a good thing as it saves you having to upgrade the standard system at some point anyway.

In theory its staright forward and can be done but to our knowledge no one has yet. I'm not sure where the crank angle sensor is on the prefered option, this could also create problems for you if the signals are different.

The engines and management are all pretty similar and there is nothing fundamentally stopping you use any of them I guess by frigging with enough inputs/output ignition systems etc. At that point you wonder whether you should just chose AEM, Motec e-manage etc as you've lost any advantage of the one box dose everything PFC route.