Anyone identify this ECU?

P

Philh

Haven't had my R for long and it's been massively overfuelling aswell as having a few minor electrical problems which were traced back to the ecu. Thought i'd investigate myself and whip the ECU out, it appears to have been tinkered with by a company called JES, anyone heard of them or hazard a guess as to what could have been done here? I may be way off and could be standard!

Cheers

Phil

A

AJ4

Might be worth looking at the Oz owners club board, they're more into the daughterboard type modifications than we are in the UK. I'm sure I've seen that model before though, not sure where, am sure its on the Oz site...

Try a search on here for modified ECU's, there's been more than a few threads...

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
i can't remember anyone in oz coming across the JES brand,
seems they are fairly small - google only shows one reference to them,
which is just text on a japanese skyline owners homepage: http://www.geocities.jp/zxe11441/engin.html
translates as:
"It is something of the mail order, SHOP JES (Japan electronics service). With mail order 30,000 Yen.
Because the reason which it selects reputation was good with the article of ap and CARBOY. Of course, also price is cheap"

he says a bit more about rom writers,
which could suggest it might even be a daughterboard thats sold with blank eproms made for self-tuning.
(you could try pulling the chips out)

but basically - the 180kph speed limit probably has been removed, the rev limit might have been raised, and it will be a more agressive fuel/ignition map
(which might have supported mods like bigger injectors or turbo that were removed before sale)

you could download the rom file to your pc and use romtune to compare it to a standard map,
but if its "massively overfuelling" and its probably not set up for the currents mods, and most likely be better just removed...