Anyone have pictures of Boot Mount Battery install ?

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
I'm looking for any links or pix of a Battery install in the boot, as I'm about to start this on my 'R.

Any pix or tips much appreciated :D

A

Anonymous

I have a boot mounted battery, no pictures as of yet, I will make some for you if you want.

P

purplemonster

the kit in the picture is like the kit i bought on ebay.com
$49.99 +$40 shipping

not cheap but it is a very nice kit

ROB

J

jaigtir

Me and nabsq got the box from rally design in faversham, they do a fibre glass one too.

M

Muppet

I would like one very similar to the ones in the picture rather than the fibreglass type.

jaigtr what type is te ones you bought like.

thanks muppet.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Thanks for that Sirnixalot - should come in very useful :D
Did you run your wiring down the centre of the car (inside) or under the door frame etc (inside) :?:

S

Sirnixalot

i actually used 1 gauge wire so i didnt want to cut such a large hole in the fire wall. I ran it under the car along the fuel lines and had it come up through a hole that was already in the floor.

P

pschurr

My suggestion is go the Odyssey dry-cell (actually they are a wet gell) unit. Then you can lay it flat. The small one fits on its side in the plastic tool tray under the carpet for the completely anonymous battery-boot-mount job.

I've done this, with the lines under the carpet, behind the ABS sensor, and into engine bay. Works a treat, and no fugly battery-box in the rear compartment.

I have heaps of pics of it, but not with me right now. Will provide url if I remember later tonight. If you're desperate, email to remind me.

peter
pschurr @ technologist.com

P

pschurr

Btw,

The reason you need the box is because the battery is full of acid. During a bingle, if the battery breaks apart, you'll get splattered with the stuff. Not nice.

The dry-cell batteries are just as good (unless you've got a kick-ass stereo), don't need the battery box, and can be mounted at almost any angle - except completely upside-down.

So if all you want is to start the car, and run the alarm for a few days at a time, get the smallest Odyssey. Its small, light, can be hidden, and works.

peter

S

Sirnixalot

actually....the kind of battery box i have is for dry cell batteriees...it sint sealed nor does it have a fluid dump tube. If you plan to re-use the standard battery or the kind you have to occasionally fill up with water get a sealed batterybox.....your carpet and lift will thank you