Another Suspention Thread

scottyd

What is the best Coilover kit you can buy for the R, bearing in mind comfort is not an issue, just pure performance.

I have been looking around the net and this site, but have not found a definitive answer to my question, and there are only really 2 kits that seem readily available, these are the D2's and the Teins, any other suggestions?

Also, what exactly does this EDFC thing do that you can get for the Teins? is it a remote thing that lets you adjust the suspention settings without pissing about with spanners and that?

please inform me, i need answers.

ChrisS

EDFC - electronic damping force controler. Control unit that allows you to change the suspension settings from inside the car.

The main issue you've got is getting the right spring rates. A few people have found the springs that come as standard on some of the kits too hard for road use. Apart from that getting them set up somewhere decent will save you a lot of time and hassel. Jim (cambellju) has posted some very good threads on suspension/handling which may help.

D

deslynam

I think Gab (or Gaz?) do some that're more track oriented than the Teins/D2s. Bit rare though.

youngsyp

If the company are any good, they'll let you spec the spring rates and re-gas the dampers accordingly, before you buy them. I'm sure Tein will do this ?!

Other kits that exist are the G-Force kits sold by SRB. These retail at about £600 and on the SRB site, it states that you can choose the spring rates to suit your application !

There is K Sport also. The 'normally' orientated kits (not using inverted dampers) retail at around the same sort of price as the G-Force kits.

At the top end, there is Leda. These are more motorsport focused, from what I can gather.

Lionel

Also there are leda price start at £1000. out of the onecs listed id say D2 or tein are the best