Alternative vacumn line for the DV

S

Stoned

Right. Been busy recently so I forgot about this but basically I got a Sard BOV that doesnt dump and the likely cause is the vacumn hose that runs to the standard recirc valve aint up to the job.

Anyhow I am told there are other places to take this feed from so does anyone have any tips as to the strongest place to get the vacumn feed from so my DV actually hisses once in a while?

Cheers 8)

ashills

yep cut the hose off to back of rocker cvover and direct that over to run dv boost gauge etc
will notice big difference

R

r5ben

what pipe do you mean ?? :oops: and what do you do with your old pipe ?
so is that the best place for a boost gauge to be plumbed in as well :roll: for the best reading

ashills

back of rocker cover on the left hand side is a 8-10mm pipe that goes round the fuel rail to the throttle bodies/inlet manifold

u will c 4 small pipes that go between the inlet ports and join together on some metal bars

i just put a plug in the back of the rocker cover to block that then re routed the pipe over to the DV and boost gauge take off

S

Stoned

ashills is this what you mean?

i.e. plug that connector into the rocker cover, and then run a fresh line from that small metal tube running around the back, down to the DV?

Presumably you then also plug up the old DV vacumn line?

And just out of interest I have a T-piece connector I could use. Would it not make more sense to use that and plumb into the line rather than blanking off that line into the rocker cover, surely it does something useful?

ashills

yep u can unscrew that valve from the rocker cover and i think its a 3/8th plug u need (justys just bought it so he would know lol)
yeah u can just follow the old dv pipe back and either put a screw in it or take it back to where its Td in and put a straight coupler in

S

Stoned

ok I appreciate your help mate. One final question as I edited my post just after you replied.

Would it be better to use a plumb in a T-piece adapater here, or simply bung up that rocker cover valve?

I only ask because I should have thought the line would meant to be connected to that rocker cover for a reason?

Cheers matey

ashills

as far as we've worked out on here its emissions based and i had no probs with mot etc with it bunged up so seems ok
also if u run a catch tank to atmosphere off the right hand side of the rocker cover its a good idea to do this as it stops unmetered air being pulled in on idle and crusing

S

Stoned

Right, I ran the pipe from that vacumn line and sure enough my BOV now dumps, although it sounds pretty lame :roll:

I didnt bother plugging up that valve. Nothing seems to come out of it anyhow.