Air/Fuel guage with new lambda sensor

E

Edd

Right i want an air fuel guage, preferably a digital one like in picture below...

however i want it to work reasonably accurately, if not perfectly accurately

i had an autometer air fuel gauge before wired to pin 19 on the ecu and this was sh*t :cry: just went to full rich when you accelerated, and then flicked rich to lean

so anybody got an accurate air/fuel gauge? And if so what lambda sensor did you use and where you get it from

cheers :D

S

str_motorsport

autimeter AF gauge works well if you fit a 0-1v sensor for it!!!!
standard lambda sensor is a bit strange..it is a narrow band ,but voltage goes up to 1,3- 1,4 volts....that is why your autometer AF gauge is always rich!!autometer max reading is 1 volt!!
fit an additional lambda sensor and you will see it works!!
or fit a wide band sensor and AF gauge...they work even better but are really expensive and the sensor has a really short life..only used to tune ap and then disconnect and remove it.
i find tham my autometer works well

E

Edd

thanks for that, any idea where to get the different lambda sensor and a part number of one that will fit?
cheers

Websnowbo

You will still have to keep your existing one Edd for the ECU. Actually, does the power FC use it?

You can buy universal Lamda Sensors from any motor factor, bout 25 quid. They will have details on voltages too in their little book, due to them being universal.

You will only get a true reading from a wide band jobbie though. At least you will have some more pretty lights to look at though.........

Paul R

Theres a circuit going round the scoobynet forum of a AFR gauge which you set the voltage range such as the first LED in the strip of 10 won't light until you get 900mV and you set the top end for what you want. This stops the christmas tree effect and makes it a "bit" more useful and it won't even light up on idle if you want. The WBO2 is the proper answer though.

The circuit is dead-easy to make and the parts cost me £3.96 about 2 months ago from Maplin...

ashills

u want a decent one get the PLX devices one from the states then ull know what happening
best thing i ever bought and with wireless data logging straight onto a laptop very cool

E

Edd

cheers allen, got a link to where i can view some details and buy

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
heres a list of cars that use a bosch wideband as an OE part:
http://www.forparts.com/BoswidebandO2app.htm
(maybe find one at a wreckers?)

and these guys in oz do a whole custom lambda meter kit using one:
http://www.wbo2.com/
(about $700au)

but they also mention that the sensor they use (bosch lsu 6066) can be purchased in the US for only $30us (!)
although i am unsure if you can just buy an off-the-shelf guage that can use the signal from these sensors...

let us know whaty you find out edd!