air/fuel cooling, fab or fad?

Dooie Pop Pop

opinions?

personally i think its a good idea for hot weather and town driving :p id like to know exactly how hot your fuel could get after being passed around the system a few times. petrol does conduct heat very well but it must get to a saturation point at some stage.

Norfy said:
later shape vauxhall vectras have fuel coolers under the car as standard, think the zafiras do too.

took me ages to work out what it was :lol: looked like a amplifier :lol:
:D :D :D cheers for that :wink: i' ll be off down a scrappy then soon. i take it they are fitted in the feed line rather than the return?

Stu

Fire & skill

Vintage member
you could always subcool it - then ignition would be so intense it would be almost like sublimation, let me think on this and i'll come up with an idea :twisted:

S

stokie1

is this mainly for drag?

as Co2 wil do for

intercooler, inlet as well as fuel

Fire & skill

Vintage member
liquid co2 - if you could spray it through some kind of chamber would give you -50 degrees, this would work with a bit of control, you'd obviously only need it on part of the fuel line say about 6-8 inches of it :? , i just need to check what the freezing point of petrol is

Fire & skill

Vintage member
apparently petrol freezes at -71 degrees C so thats ok!! realistically, passing liquid co2 over a fuel line in some kind of chamber is only going to reduce the temperature by say 10 degrees at most

so if someone wants to explain the benefits of a colder fuel delivery - go ahead

S

stokie1

all depends on turbo speed

size of intercooler

for air temp, mix with fuel temp ect ect

J

jpward

Rallynuts does this kit too looks to be the bizz but is it worth it over the running costs of a ic Water sprayer? Thats what im getin for mine cusco do a good kit and if Sti think its good enough then im happy enough to use their idea against them :twisted: