air con compressor

rossdj1983

my fmic kit has jus turned up, looks like im gonna have 2 ditch the air con, so ive started to take out the pipes, got to the compressor and noted it runs all on one belt-is there a shorter belt i can get? or do i have to leave the compressor there? and jus out of curiosity, how much power do these things zap on a r?

P

pulsarboby

you will have to buy a shorter belt! i think their six ribbed but a 5 ribbed will do the trick from halfords or somewhere. measure it up with a bit of string (or if your irish, an elastic band) no offence intended : )a/c will take about 8bhp away from you!

low612

rossdj1983 said:
my fmic kit has jus turned up, looks like im gonna have 2 ditch the air con, so ive started to take out the pipes, got to the compressor and noted it runs all on one belt-is there a shorter belt i can get? or do i have to leave the compressor there? and jus out of curiosity, how much power do these things zap on a r?
I would buy your a/c high pressure line on driverside. It connects to conedsor and compressor.

MORF114

wish i had aircon in mine just for the fact its real hot and humid after your cars been baking in the sun all day while your in work and it doesnt get any better with cold or i should say warm air blowing at you, since my cars been off the road ive been driving a little old sentra around and none of the windows go down in it !!! like sitting in a sauna for the 40 min drive home!

O

Odin

bracpan said:
specially the cast iron bracket that holds the pump onto the engine....HEAVY
Phil

Yeah be careful when you unbolt it!!:doh: , It nearly chopped my head off :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob