AHHHHHHHHHH clutch/gearbox problems

P

pulsarrr

right where to start.
i replaced the clutch slave cylinder because this was shot, now the difficault bit.
the metal bar that comes from the box and the slave sits in to has a spring clip on the right hand side. where does this go? i have found to cuts in the metall bar but if i put them in that thay just spring back out. do thay go through thease holes?
also is it just ment to slop about or is it ment to be tight?
any help would be grately receved.
Thanks people
Rob

P

pulsarboby

slave cylinders held in place by 2 bolts on the gearbox (shouldnt be slopping about)

P

pulsarrr

its not the slave thats sloping about its the bit the slave pushes on the gearbox.

P

pulsarboby

ah right you mean the clutch fork!
that will be tight once the slaves bolted in place and the pivots resting on the fork under hydraulic pressure.

P

pulsarrr

the problem is the spring clip on the back?
in not sure if it just sits there or goes through the locating points?

P

pulsarboby

the only spring clip i can think of is the one that holds the pipe union into the bracket on gearbox, which just pushes into the groove on the union, they sometimes need a firm push though

P

pulsarrr

sorry i mean the clip that holds the arm to the pivot inside the bell housing, it locates in the small holes either side of the arm. not sure if it just sits in these or is ment to go through.
mine dont wana just sit in thay keep poping back out.

P

pulsarboby

yeah they will do untill the clutch is under pressure from the pressure plate.
theres basically just 2 forks that slot into release bearing and clip onto pivot, but once its under pressure they cant come off unless you have a fracture in the main fork itself!

P

pulsarrr

when i put them in place and try to put my foo on the clutch it just releases and grinds.

P

pulsarrr

i think i have figured its the selector fork.
any body fancy a job in repairing it for me please.
not feeling brave enough to take the box out.
i will obviously pay for your time and a nice drink.
please help me.
Rob

P

pulsarboby

where are you based rob, and how urgently do you need it done?

P

pulsarrr

im sorted now people. im taking the car to haywards heath on monday to be sorted and checked over.
thanks for all the help its very much appreachated.
Cheers again
Rob