Aftermarket oil pump for GTi-R

Hey guys just wonder if anyone have upgraded their oil pumps along the way? Coz currently trying to find an aftermarket pump but so far cant seem to find one on the net for the R. I have to change my oil pump anyway as mine is busted.
Thanks in advance dude.

S

Sirnixalot

do you know why there arent any? Because the GTi-R oil pump is the larges and outputs the highest flow and pressure out of all the factory pumps. The SR16VE N1 engien that makes 200+ bhp from 1.6L and redlines to something beyond 8500rpm uses the same pump as us. Dont fret....these pumps will deliver....its the pickups that you have to make sure are submersed in oil

Yes i know as i've compared mine to a silly S14 Silvia and mine pisses it all over.
:lol:
The gears are massive on ours.
It is just that since mine is busted and hence wondering if there are any oil pumps for the SR20DETs that is a higher spec that ours.
Oddly i checked the 2003 NISMO catalogue and there aint a single word that mentions an oil pump upgrade other than for our BIG Brother aka Skyline GTR.
:?
Talking about oilpumps is there any way to adjust the pressure on it to accomondate the oil cooler that is incorporated in my car?
Thanks in advance dudes.

G

GTI-R Kid

Sirnixalot said:
its the pickups that you have to make sure are submersed in oil
How can you go about ensuring this? Or is a job for the engine builder?

S

Sirnixalot

well the cheapest way is dont drive hard around corners when its low on oil (some times even when its full if you are a nutter like me in the corners).

another way is to baffly the oil pan.....

say this is the oil pan and the O is the pickup

\_O_/

you put some baffles on either side of the pick up (with holes on the bottom of them fo roil to flow through but at a slower rate.

\_|O|_/

The oil hits up against these baffles and keeps the pickup submerged

G

GTI-R Kid

Excellent - thanks for that Sirnix. Any suggestion as to what sort of materials to use or does it really matter?

S

Sirnixalot

use the same material as the oil pan...i tihnk its steel but it could be aluminium

Hey are u familiar with anyone who has done a dry sump converstion and is it worth the hassle especially if u're the type who takes great pleasure chucking the R around corners?
Worth it or just way to much a hassle for a street car?

S

Sirnixalot

dry sumn systems are MEGA money...the only 2 kits ive seen are from the now defunked Nissan BTCC SR20 and the Toda SR20.....try calling or emailing toda to see if this kit is applicable on the GTi-R

cmng

BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
Hey guys need your help.
I cant seem to find the part number for the oil pump.
Does anyone know what is it?
Thanks in advance dudes.
:D

Vic.

i will email you complete list GTiR part no
PDF format.
Complete Detailed part no./
at my home.

cmng

Err anyone got a website to host it ?
it is 4.3MB.
and i got problem to send out also :oops:

This file actually previously from SE Motorsport file.

Anyone still can provide the web link to the webpage ?
i lost the link but have downloaded the file.
:oops:

Thanks

cmng

boy.. i even have problem to send out.
the only way is upload to a server only
my email limit is 1 mb per mail
even zipped is 3.3mb

JU5TY

A complete new oil pump is £274.95.

Or the parts for it can be bought separately ie Rotors, Regulator Valve etc...

My machiner was saying it’s possible to uprate a standard oil pump with some machining. But reading what Sir Nix put, it doesn’t look like its necessary with our oil pumps.