a.a.c solenoid

natedog

Hi, I'm new & this is my 1st post so be nice to me! I've had a GTI-R for 6 months now and have it on the ramp for 3 of those. Almost got it back together now but need;

-a.a.c solenoid which is part of the idle control valve. Does anyone have one they want to sell?

-Lambada probe that goes into cat as old one's corroded onto cat and need one for my de-cat pipe. Can I get an aftermarket one or does anyone have a second hand one they want to sell?

Thankyou :)

O

Odin

natedog said:
-Lambada probe that goes into cat as old one's corroded onto cat and need one for my de-cat pipe.

Hello matey, That isn't the lambda sensor :wink: , It's an exhaust temp sensor :wink: .

Lambda sensor is fitted to the elbow comeing off the turbo.

rob

GINGA

natedog said:
-Lambada probe that goes into cat as old one's corroded onto cat and need one for my de-cat pipe. Can I get an aftermarket one or does anyone have a second hand one they want to sell?

Thankyou :)
You don't need it, just unplug it (under the drivers seat) and plug the hole with a bolt :wink:

natedog

:oops: thanks. wondered why nissan didn't show that on their computer!

still need an a.a.c solenoid or complete idle control valve if anyone has one they want to sell to me.

also are the ap racing 4 pots all they're cracked up to be. Just fitted some brand new ones but cant try them till i get an a.a.c valve to finish putting the car together. Have loads of ap racing dot 5 fluid from my last project unless anyone can recommend any better fluid.

natedog

still haven't had confirmation from jimmyback yet. sold my 205 today so need the pulsar to get to work in. Does anyone else have one?

Dooie Pop Pop

natedog said:
still haven't had confirmation from jimmyback yet. sold my 205 today so need the pulsar to get to work in. Does anyone else have one?
sorry bout that mate :oops: :( if your really in need asap try Gary at GTIRspares he should have one.

Stu

natedog

Please does anyone have an a.a.c solenoid or a complete idle control valve? I'm now driving my tractor to get to work!

JIMMYBACK

i have one matey i just cant get at it at the mo cos the engine is still in the car as soon as the engine comes out then ill take it off :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dooie Pop Pop

JIMMYBACK said:
i have one matey i just cant get at it at the mo cos the engine is still in the car as soon as the engine comes out then ill take it off :oops: :oops: :oops:
i thought you could get at it if you took the plenum off :?

engine out for an aac solonoid? :lol: thats one of your best :lol:

JIMMYBACK

Dooie Pop Pop said:
JIMMYBACK said:
i thought you could get at it if you took the plenum off :?

engine out for an aac solonoid? :lol: thats one of your best :lol:
i have no i dea matey never taken a pulsar engine out :shock: :? and beside i was hoping u would offer your services to help get the engine out :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

youngsyp

natedog said:
Have loads of ap racing dot 5 fluid from my last project unless anyone can recommend any better fluid.
Are you sure it's DOT 5 and not DOT 5.1 ? Not sure you should be using DOT 5 on a Pulsar as it's silicon based and not suitable for the rubber seals etc....

If it is indeed 5.1, have the bottles been opened ? If the have, bin it as brake fluid is hydroscopic (absorbs water) and it is pretty much useless if it's been open for as much as a few days !

Does the car have ABS ? If not, you can use any good quality DOT 4 (DOT 5.1 is designed for cars with ABS, it's a little thinner than DOT 4 and downward)fluid with as high a boling point as possible. Motul RBF600 is pretty good.