3037/manifold decision time

Do i f*ck off that piece of sh*te HKS s14 manifold?

• keep it, s14 stuff on an R rocks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
E

Edd

Here are some pics...

Now my choices are limited, as i can't really move the rad much further forward as i have the intercooler with two fans inbetween that and the rad :cry:

Think i may stick with a std manifold and get it reworked and wastegate added :oops:

E

Edd

one option is to fit a standard rad which is a lot thinner than the rad i have now

another option is to reweld the flange on the manifold to angle it away from the rad and more towards the block

a further option is to wrap the turbo up in a blanket :wink: to help protect the rad

cmng

Have anyone tried to use HKS SPL Kit for S14 and S15 fitted on GTIR ?
i might have mine fitted in 2 month time

E

Edd

Thats just the angle the 3037 came with Steve, just have to loosen the compressor housing bolts and rotate it to whereever i want it to face when i decide the pipe run :wink:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Well, the way I see it is you can go back to the standard manifold which could be a slight power restriction or what I would do is cut the flange off and reweld it back on at a better angle. I would also wrap the turbine housing and mainfold in heat wrap to keep under bonnet temps down and protect the rad.

E

Edd

Yes cutting and rewleding the flange was one of my favourite options if i keep the manifold, standard's always an option.

I think i can probably move the rad forward a little bit more, maybe up to an inch i will check clearances later.

Heat wrapping the turbo and manifold i think will be only option

then just watch the rads pop lol

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Take a look through the Demon Tweeks Motorsport catalogue, there loads of heat shiel options in there

E

Edd

yeh i know, it's a shame i cant heat shiled the rad but wouldnt work due to airflow and position of fans :cry:

GINGA

the best and cheapest option will probably be the have the hks manifold modified to change the angle of the turbo :wink:

A

antilag

lend me the turbo and manifold to run my car in :D and u pay for me to custom all the pipes then u get back a kit that fits and everyones happy :D :D :D apart form the glouster boys as u still cant marry your sister there

u no who u all arrrrrrrrrrr