300zx calipers and discs

johnsy

does any one know if the calipers off a 300zx will fit onto an R, front and rear,

some one is selling front ones on here i think off the z32 model was wondering if the rears would fit as well with out to much hassle. was talking to local tuner and he added that the r32 would probs fit too

one for you tech :nerd: heads no-doubt???????

thankingyou!

Garef

Have to agree with Davey, a lot of people do make brackets for brake setups from other cars to fit onto their R's but to be honest, I'd save the hassle and buy a setup that is designed for the R.

johnsy

iv heard a lot of bad things about hi-spec and wilwood calipers and disc warping stuff like that . im gonna try goodridge hoses with group n disc and some super sticky mintex pads. in my standard calipers , just thought id ask about the z32 see if they were a straight forward bolt on conversion.
ill let you know how i get on

cheers

rayman75

ditch the std setup. i have the willwood 285 kit and dont have any trouble with the discs, sounds like b0ll0x to me. i would rather keep buying discs if that was the case rather than having a completly crap brake setup, the problem with the std brakes is that the calipers are only a 1 piston sliding caliper, which is pathetic for the sort of speeds these things can get upto. it shouldnt be a area to skimp on personally.

johnsy

so if its an area you would not skimp on why do you have wilwoods and not ap's, or brembo's??

wot would you say is better a brembo 4 pot set up or one of these k-sport 8 pot set ups

P

pulsarboby

theres no competition there lol
an 8 pot setup will outperform 4 pots no matter what make they are! due to the larger pad and surface area covered under braking.

simple rule of thumb really, 'bigger brake bigger disc, bigger stopping ability';-)

just think of a caliper as a hydraulic vice, bigger the vice bigger the grip!

MarkTurbo

pulsarboby said:
theres no competition there lol
an 8 pot setup will outperform 4 pots no matter what make they are! due to the larger pad and surface area covered under braking
I'll bet my sh1tty old 330mm 4 pots will perform just as well as your 330mm 8 pots ;-) Especially as yours dont even fit at the moment :lol:

johnsy

wot im getting at is it dont matter how many pots there are its the quality of the caliper .