300zx afm

A

ard1ey

If you plug a Z32 or Q45 or anything else into your standard ECU your car won't like it, don't bother. If you do want a bigger AFM you'll need either a Power FC, SAFC or SAFC 2 or a completely custom chip in a daughterboard. AFAIK things like the Unichip or E-Manage can't handle this sort of upgrade, but I'm sure someone can confirm that or call me a lying little swine :D

GINGA

AFAIK things like the Unichip or E-Manage can't handle this sort of upgrade, but I'm sure someone can confirm that or call me a lying little swine
Your a lying swine
the emanage will work fine with the bigger afm's and theres no reason why the unichip shouldn't either as its just a matter of changing the fuelling to suite the different values the bigger afm gives out :wink:

As a side note the power fc maps (load against rpm) only appear to go upto about 4.1 volts from the afm even though the maf will read upto 5.1 volts :? this means that on my car at least the load map on the pfc hits max load (maf reading) at 4k rpm :shock: after that its purely working whatevers the fuelling and ignition is setup for past that point as it can no longer measure the air flow through the engine it will be working off max load against rpm only from what I can gather :?: and this is with a z32 maf fitted.

A

ard1ey

I'll get my coat :D
Have you got the FC Datalogit or proper Power FC software? I'm wondering if there's an option in there to change the maximum value in the load map, 'cause I've heard its possible if you go the daughterboard route and the Power FC's gotta be cleverer than that.
GINGA said:
pfc hits max load (maf reading) at 4k rpm
Sounds like you'll be needing a MAF round about the size of the Dartford Tunnel :shock: Maybe its time to join vpulsars merry band of men :wink:

ashills

just get emanage and use map sensor and z32 maf best of both worlds
and it cost virtually 1/4 of the price LOL :D