3'' from turbo, how much power???

R

rx7rotary

just a quick one...

On a standard r, fittinga 3'' manderel bent exhaust, how much power gain would it give?

Thanks
Marko
NZ

Davey

I think most of the power increase would come from the fact that you would be running slightly more boost than standard with a bigger/free'er flowing exhaust. Also, spool up would be quicker, and it should rev out easier with a less restrictive exhaust.
If you've already got a decent exhaust on it, i wouldnt expect to see massive gains, just because its 3" (i.e, ive no idea how much extra power you'd get :wink: )

Has anyone actually made more power by changing they're exhaust (apart from a standard one obviously) :?:

C

caz

U might want to speak to Tony about this. He had a 3'' downpipe made. But after some discussion with a few people and giving it a go I think he found the car performed better with the original style backbox(allbeit an aftermarket one) back on the car. Something to do with the back pressure charcteristics.

But yeah a 3'' downpipe is a good idea for an SR20DET. I've got one mated to a full 3'' system on my 200sx and with that an a filter I got a rise from 197bhp to 225bhp. And a 0.1 bar increase in boost

E

Evo Eater

i got a straight through 3" system on mine. never had the standard one so couldn't tell you if it makes much differents. I would say it would give you about 20bhp more. also it sound the business. i have never heard a pulsar like it go for it

M

momogtir

dude u should hear mine! :D

3" from turbo, straight thru, (literally straight thru!!!)

couple that with racing cams, and 98 octane and u end up with a frickin wicked combination of cackles, cracks, and bangs... ohhh yeeeaaahhh. 8) :D :D

skiddusmarkus

On a standard car-maybe 15-25bhp but on a more modified one running higher boost a lot more as you can run more boost/advance.