zia

hi does anyone know the valve timing figure for these duration cams?
do all manuf have same timing fig?

cheers zia

J

jasegould

Do u mean the setting u would set the pulleys to if u had vernier/adjustable pulleys?

zia

sorry i ment the the degree the inlet and the exhaust opens and closes

cheers zia

GINGA

You should have got the instructions with the cams :?: but failing that its on the hks europe site :wink:

zia

i don,t have the cams at the moment but am considering which ones to get.thanks for info i,ll have look on thier site. :) i wonder if the jun/tomei have the same timing figures.you,ve got the hks haven,t you? can you tell me why you choose the 12mm lift you,ve made references that they were abit noisey would,t going for 10.5mm lift be better less noise,vavle guide wear etc
also did you do before and after rolling road printout to see where and how much improvement you got (whew) sorry about the all questions. :D

cheers zia

GINGA

Yes i've got the 12/11.5mm hks 264's fitted and yeah they are pretty noisey in operation though they are getting quieter as more miles goes on them I purely went for the 12/11.5mm ones because I felt that increasing the valve lift by just 0.5mm over standard was abit pointless really and thought a extra 20% lift was much more like it lol :twisted:
Was a bit worried about the low speed and idle quality before i fitted them but its been fine and runs sweet as 8)
Sorry no before and after rolling roads to say what difference they made but they seem to pull harder now with like for like boost from what i can remember anyway :oops:
Btw your supposed to use uprated springs with them though i didn't bother and theres several different steps of cam think theres step 1,2 and 3 check out taka karia site for more info on that :wink:

zia

just been to the hks site it doesn,t give you the inlet and opening times or duration of overlap :?: wierd maybe it,s a secret :D it,s just i,d like to compare it with standard which have

inlet opens 14. bftdc
inlet close 54.afbdc

ex opens 60.bbdc
ex close 8.aftdc

zia

GINGA

:? its on there under instructions in the lefthand menu anyway heres what in there :? http://www.hkseurope.com
inlet opens 22 btdc closes 74 abdc overlap 110
exhaust opens 68 bbdc closes 28 atdc overlap 116

mine are (measure at 1mm valve lift)
inlet opens 2 atdc close 42 abdc overlap 112
exhaust opens 42 bbdc close 2 btdc overlap 112
thats for the step 2 12/11.5mm ones

GINGA

You need a dti to measure valve lift and to get a true top dead centre and the timing disc supplied in the kit attached to your front pulley with 0 at tdc you then have to set the cams by the settings in the instructions eg inlet valve is open 1mm at 2 atdc(after top dead centre).
Though if your not sure what your doing you'd be best to leave it to someone who does and things could go bad if you get it wrong :cry:

Jobi Joba

GINGA said:
You need a dti to measure valve lift and to get a true top dead centre and the timing disc supplied in the kit attached to your front pulley with 0 at tdc you then have to set the cams by the settings in the instructions eg inlet valve is open 1mm at 2 atdc(after top dead centre).
Though if your not sure what your doing you'd be best to leave it to someone who does and things could go bad if you get it wrong :cry:
What's a "dti" ??? How do you make sure you have your bottom end at TDC?
Hope the instructions come in English...cause I'm ordering a set of Tomei Procam but if everuthing is explained in japanese,it gonna be really hard for me!!

zia

dti means dial test indicator (i think) .you set the bottom pulley on the tdc
which is 0 .or failing that using long peice of welding wire in plug no1 turn crankshaft until the rod is on the apex i.e at the end of its travel.
by the way i was doing some calculations the timing fig at normal lift would make these cam 276 duration anyone know what lift they are measured at?
:?:
zia