11.43@119.6mph, not bad for a cossie only on 20psi

F

fiecos dan

yeah i know.

someone else's link.

went to pod on sunday, done two 11.1 at 123mph at 27 psi, with a couple of small problems.

Mr GTiR

fiecos dan said:
went to pod on sunday, done two 11.1 at 123mph at 27 psi, with a couple of small problems.
Hi mate, saw you r times at the pod, well done fella. Very impressed.

You are Ben's bro yes?

F

fiecos dan

cheers.

yeah i'm bens younger, faster, and better lookin brother. :) , or known as r called jay.

F

fiecos dan

cheers.

a big problem was heat soak, which in turn retarded ign, so it felt no quicker goin up strip at 30psi than 25psi, both 123 mph terminals. and even felt slower than 20 psi on the road. i guess about 430 bhp on day.

and still had slight problem with clutch stickin to floor, the only way to solve it is to fit a hydrolic clutch, as the paddle sticks once rev over 6500rpm, but i've learnt to hold of floor before launchin.

but the major problem was my bad drivin on day,
kept boggin it or spinnin wheels all way thro 1st.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Are you sure it's heat soak and not the turbo running out of puff? I know when I had my last car, the more I turned the boost up the slower the car got, the turbo just wasn't upto it (along with the fuelling :? )

F

fiecos dan

yeah my xr2tt is like that. its not down to the turbo, as if its runnin out steam the boost will tail off, its more down to head or zorst bein restrictive.

but on the road the cossie, 30 psi makes 20 psi feel slow,

so most be a problem with heat.

JIMMYBACK

:lol: :lol: :lol: i like wot it says on the ticket cars exceeding over 100 mph will require additional safety equipment :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

F

fiecos dan

i had to wear a crash helmet wen doin god of the pod, but not wen i was just runnin in the rwyb.