1.5 bar boost but cant hear w/g

B

BabyBhp

We r hitting 1.5 bar of boost but cannot hear the w/g unless its a quite 1 :?

So i think we have put the boost pipes in the wrong places

Can anyone pleaseee HELP!!!

Si..

have you tried adjusting the bolt going into the top of the wastegate to make the spring a bit softer, :?:

how are you's controlling the boost. :?:

Si..

another thing aswell, are you gonna put a screamer pipe on there or are you 'trying' to set the car on fire :p

Si..

another thing aswell, are you gonna put a screamer pipe on there or are you 'trying' to set the car on fire :p

Si..

geetee

I guess Si wants to know if you are gonna be fitting a screamer pipe or if you are trying to set ur car on fire :lol:

Si..

bollox, how did that happen :oops: :oops: :lol:

i'm just worried about the flames i've been told rocket out underneath my car from the screamer pipe, :D

where as ash's is facing around the rad/ back of the head light. :shock:

B

BabyBhp

we are using a avcr which dont seem 2 b controling boost very well

we are goin 2 get a screamer pipe made sooon

and no it hasnt been mapped yet but we do no its not detting at all

Si..

my wastegate, sounds like its ripping the air apart, very very loudly,

i'm only running 1.2 bar coz mine isnt mapped up yet either, to control the boost we've been adjusting the bolt in the end of the wastegate this makes the spring either harder or softer depending on which way you turn it, making the boost rise or drop,

why is the avcr not controlling the boost very well, i.e have you got it set to say 1.4 bar or less and its making 1.5. :?: :?:

you defo need to get a screamer pipe made asap, they do throw big flames which wont be fun they way your w/g is pointing. :evil: :wink:

B

BabyBhp

Si.. said:
why is the avcr not controlling the boost very well, i.e have you got it set to say 1.4 bar or less and its making 1.5. :?: :?:
weve set the boost to 0.8 bar boost on the avcr with duty cycle off 50-70%

Si..

Hi ash,

i'm using a Trust wastegate which i got second hand off Bruce, i'm not sure of the spring rate with it being second hand,

what i do know is you should be hearing that HKS w/gate scream on yours at 1.5 bar, mine at 1.1 absolutely howls like its ripping the air up.

i'm not using an avcr yet as i'm still running the std ecu until i've saved my pennies to go and see Sam to get the FC mapped :cry:

Si..

BabyBhp said:
Si.. said:
weve set the boost to 0.8 bar boost on the avcr with duty cycle off 50-70%
right, now i understand. :D

your pulling 1.5 bar because the turbos going to spin and spin until its created enough boost to open the spring it the external waste gate, basically your gonna have to soften the spring so that it can open it easier therefore it will create less boost to open it up. your avcr is doing sweet FA, all your gonna be able to do with the boost controller now is create more than 1.5 bar of boost, get the treaded nut going into the wastey turned to soften the spring and you'll see the boost drop. :wink: :wink: